AFL 2022

I think around 6 years. Played feck all, 15 games max I reckon.

Conor McKenna back to Oz!

I know it’s class to be a professional sportsman but the vast majority don’t make it. Darragh Joyce could have been the difference for Kilkenny in some of them games the last few years, also would have seen his club get relegated.

Ciaran Kilkenny made the correct decision all those years who.

McKenna seems to be running away from Tyrone. Got his medal and out. Not as good as his initial start was.

Has the chap got any qualifications outside kicking a ball?

Yeah most of them dont and come back. But then you have Tuohy and O Connor being key players for the top ranked team right now. Worth giving it a go at least. Although Joyce probably should have left it after 2 or 3 years.

Two of them were the best minors in the country and very athletic.

Most of the others just seem to be athletic. A Lithuanian goalkeeper tells all you need to know.

Awful sport with it.

Wouldnt have had Tuohy down as the best on that team, never mind nationally. Others rated higher than him from that Laois Derry minor game havent made it, so its more a testiment to him that he did.

Being athletic in their assessments and rankings seems to matter more where they can then manufacture a player. A glib comment might make reference to Dublin hurling, but i wouldnt dare go there.

I was young at the time but remember him scoring a brilliant goal in Croker as minor. He had long hair kind of like a good Wooly Parkinson.

Would be intriguing to see if Clifford would have made it as a forward over there, that’s the holy grail.

Ah Tuohy always had style but many doubted he had the application to make it, myself included. He fairly proved us wrong. Meredith’s subsequent career in AFL and GAA was a bit underwhelming.

Johnno and Kingston did alright for themselves tbf.

He got 2 goals in the drawn game. Laois had Conor Meridith, Donie Kingston and John O’Loughlin, all arguably rated more than Tuouhy at the time. Derry had James Kielt and Chris McKaigue who went out to tey AFL too

Did he, the life of an AFL.player is so much better than a GGA player

Conor McKenna was a massive disappointment really considering the hype

Dooher and Logie seem to have had their favourites in that panel

really was. he seemed to have been going well early enough getting key scores, but was used sparingly after that. I thought he’d have been ideal in centre forward for them, McShane in at full and they’d have some set up through the middle.

The talk now that he has a stinking attitude also seems at odds with how he was perceived previously.

Two goals in an All-Ireland semi-final victory and a goal in an All-Ireland final victory. If that’s a massive disappointment I’d say a hell of a lot of players would settle for being such a massive disappointment.

Scored a goal against Armagh too this year. 1-2 in his first league game back against Donegal, 2-2 in his second league game back against Mayo.

A pound man of the sort every team needs.

I’d wager this little incident helped make up Conor McKenna’s mind that he wanted out again.

Conor came back to lead up a few winners in Dundalk and having achieved his life ambition he’s heading back out to Oz for unfinished business

2 Likes

Collingwood 1 up at half time against GEElong here. Tight game

Proper game of Footy this.

1 Like