Afr

[quote=“therock67”]Had a look at it there.

From the Charter, this quote stood out a mile:

I’d be very fucking afraid of signing up to that. They can reveal everthing they know about you (!) if someone complains about any message from you.[/quote]

nope, they can’t.

even if you sign a disclaimer like that the courts will go through them for a short cut, they still have to comply with data protection legislation.

i

Interesting development here:

http://clarehurlers.net/index.php?topic=20.0

Was that board not just another GAEJ stunt though?

Possibly. One would need to consult the IT experts here about that.

[quote=“artfoley”]i’ve kept my counsel on thw whole thing since it happened except for explaining that I was banned and why.

I’m in the process of putting together a few haphazard thoughts on life, the universe and everything

will it be so long, goodbye and thanks for the fish remains to be seen[/quote]

another 30 haphazard thoughts perhaps?
will it be also 7 pages long?

[quote=“treaty_exile”]another 30 haphazard thoughts perhaps?
will it be also 7 pages long?[/quote]

oh god no ! i’m off sick but it’s not with verbal diarrohea, something like 30 lines

That’s what I don’t get. I left AFR after a raft of bannings ages ago. There was a thread complaining about the bannings and I commented that I disagreed with them and I was taking off as a result. No big deal. I haven’t posted on AFR since and I instead simply continued posting on the other boards I use and never went back and mentioned TFK or tried to ‘sell’ this place over there. The way some people are going on you’d swear we were/are virtually kidnapping AFR posters and carrying them over here against their wishes. I read one post about you SS* from somebody saying you won’t survive or flourish over here (as if you were a lost kitten, stolen puppy or something!).

Some lads wandered over from AFR of their own volition ages ago and an AFR thread was set up here by someone as it was something in common for them. Fair enough, and members regularly mentioned it and that’s no big deal. Some of these lads were still on AFR and we got the odd mention over there. Again, no big deal. But most of the mentions of TFK over there came from ‘gaelic follower’ and pretty much everyone knows who this is. Maybe he was aware of the AFR thread over here and took criticisms of the site admin to heart. So ironically enough, it was his own harping on about TFK that probably led to lots of people coming over here during the week to see what the fuss was about. Plus people saw respected posters from AFR posting away on here and I assume they fancied a gander at what they were saying.

So, my basic point is that all you new cunts are very welcome here whether you came from AFR or anywhere else for that matter. But anyone pushing the line that this site tried to systematically fleece AFR of all his members or tried to ‘ruin him’ as some clown said are talking balls.

eh , who the fuck gives a fuck about some shitty website?

Whats funny is that every now and then a random username will ask what happened but anyone left over there is afraid to say in case of a swift banning…

At last some sense. The only people not getting over this schizm are the party faithful over on AFR who keep saying “everything will get back to normal”. Of course it will when you stop going on about it.

I would imagine the legal threat thing is just an excuse for whoever set up that site to shut it down again and in the process make it look like AFR forced him to shut it.

I see they’ve had to shut down clarehurlers.net due to legal action lol… so they say…

well the letter would’nt be covered by privelege or in camera so they could always put up a pdf of the letter for proof if they weren’t wumming

this only my opinion of course…

How would they get the postal address of where to send the letter?

lol, AFR is simply infested with wums and counter wums at this stage

agreed the timeframes are tight, between the contentious posting at around 3pm yesterday and then getting the necessary release of name and address of the webmaster it doesn’t add up…

also they have not mentioned the person involved but left it in such a way that it can only be construed as being one person

its all your fault Art

[quote=“artfoley”]agreed the timeframes are tight, between the contentious posting at around 3pm yesterday and then getting the necessary release of name and address of the webmaster it doesn’t add up…[/quote]I think its fair that you have to shoulder a lot of the responsibility for this art

Infairness, I’d say the scarcity of replies to the claim of this “alleged” letter shows that people have copped on to the wum.

Even the fact that this “clarehurlers.net” sprung up just when AFR was embroiled in all this controversy should really have set alarm bells ringing:rolleyes:

[quote=“artfoley”]agreed the timeframes are tight, between the contentious posting at around 3pm yesterday and then getting the necessary release of name and address of the webmaster it doesn’t add up…

also they have not mentioned the person involved but left it in such a way that it can only be construed as being one person[/quote]

Do you carry a folder with notes on defamation around with you with or something?