Albums You've Rediscovered

I stuck on Led Zeppelin II the other day, i hadn’t listened to it in years… Cracking album.

4 Likes

Hey fellas have ya heard the news?
Ya know that Annie’s back in town?

1 Like

Whole Lotta Love is iconic but overall it’s the weakest of their first 6 albums. Houses of the Holy is an underrated gem and Physical Graffiti a classic from start to finish.

I wouldn’t be too familiar with their overall catalogue but this is a fine album. Recorded in 68/69… But the sound is of something much later - it’s pure rock - the bass is fucking humming. I find it hard to believe this is their weakest album of the early period.

We’ve done four already and now we’re steady and then they went One Two Three Fowar :guitar: :metal:

1 Like

@Aristotle if you know, you know, brother.

It’s a decent album but history has not been kind to it, basically a mix of Yardbirds songs and blues songs that Jimmy Page nicked and gave no credit to. Almost the entirety of Zep I and II are plagiarized.

Houses of the Holy and Kashmir off Physical Graffiti are outrageously good.

2 Likes

More interesting than Willie Dixon covers anyway.

Listening to this now.

1 Like

You’re rediscovering a bit of industrial, and I’m rediscovering a bit of industrial metal. Playing Ministry Psalm 69…

2 Likes

Long time since I listened to Ministry. That was a great era for industrial metal. I still listen to a bit of Godflesh. Earache was a great record label.

Nu metal came along and watered it down a lot, but there were some great bands. Earache had a lot of them. Entombed was a personal favourite.

1 Like

Rufus Wainwright - Want One

I remember been a bit unsure when this was recommended to me years ago, would but have been my normal listening stuff at the time
Grew to really enjoy it.

1 Like

Both RIDE albums. Top drawer stuff.

1 Like

Ride? They have rakes of albums, as this is an ‘early stuff’ forum I assume you’re talking about the first two

Twisterella is a real feel good song.

Put it on, close your eyes, it’s 1992 and life is pregnant with potential and possibilities. It still is.

2 Likes

Embrace - Out of Nothing

2 Likes

Correct. Should have said 1st 2. The 2 they released after getting back together aren’t bad either.