Albums You've Rediscovered

Have you rediscovered them?

Now you’re talking. That and Morning Star are exceptional. Their sound is unmistakable.

1 Like

Aye

I’d break out the sleeveless denim jacket down the westward ho for a bit of entombed

1 Like

Leather jacket under the sleeveless denim ?

big time , bit of an auld mullet , maybe a pair of docs and an opel manta with spotlights outside

1 Like

4 Likes
1 Like

Jilted Generation, pfft, we were the golden generation.

1 Like

English Settlement by XTC. A classic from start to finish. Is there a better rhythm section in popular music than Chambers and Moulding? The 2016 remaster based on the original analog tapes is the one to get.

Listening to Doves here for the first time in a decade. Probably the best band to come out of Manchester since the Stone Roses.

5 Likes

This whole album. Quality.

5 Likes

There goes the fear… :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Quality band The Doves. I saw them in a nightclub in Carlow around 2007. No idea how much they got paid to play there but was a cracking gig. Last album is good as well.

I have been listening to The Levellers and Carcass Swansong

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wrecking Ball by Emmylou Harris. Released in 1995, I bought the CD (remember those?) in Todds on my first trip home from the US after emigrating the year before. Even for those who don’t like country it’s well worth a listen, if nothing else for Daniel Lanois’ atmospherics. Larry Mullen on the drums, several outstanding covers, Goodbye (Steve Earle), Goin’ back to Harlem (Anna McGarrigle, herself and her sister Kate well worth a listen), Sweet old World (Lucinda Williams) and an obligitary Bob Dylan song.

1 Like

This is on constant rotation in the car at the moment

2 Likes

good song, good album !