Albums You've Rediscovered

I have/had it on vinyl somewhere…the second release with ‘Reward’ on it; be curious as to how it stands up to listening to after all these years.

A little dated I think but still packed with cracking songs,

I’m a big fan of Cope as a solo artist.

1 Like

If you’re looking for someone to take them off your hands :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

…Skinny Fists… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

You could make a nice few quid if they’re in good Nick

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t own a CD player anymore. All CD’s were given to charity relatively recently.

Apartment Story is one of the great songs of the 21st century.

Very solid album all the way through.

I’m not much of a fan of the National overall but there’s no denying that’s a very good album.

Just a phenomenal offering. I’m not a fan of all of Cave’s work, but this one is special in all it’s entirety.

1 Like

This is his best album for me and one of the best albums ever.

1 Like

I must give it a re-listen. He would definitely be my favourite live performer and I love at least a song or two from almost every album.

I wouldn’t be a fan of all of his work either but this is my favourite

1 Like

I’ll give it a listen. The manic talent of Ellis is understated and listening to the frustrations of Cave describing the erratic nature of studio work with him, is amusing.

My brother and his now wife went to see the Dirty Three in Dublin years ago.

Somehow Ellis and the others ended up drinking in their apartment after and crashed for the night.

They would concur with the term ‘manic’ for him.

This is brilliant though.

2 Likes

Insane. Yeah, he seems to enter and exit zones of complete undecipherable states. A great talent musically, nonetheless.

1 Like

I’ve a few pints drank and am of a certain age, but I;m here at home listening to the full Born To Run album (1975)

It is pretty much 8 perfect tracks.

2 Likes

I think Thunder Road is the perfect song,

1 Like

An all-time gem. There isn’t a bum track on it. Currently on She’s The One, which along with Night, may be seen as the only two “fillers”

Not for me, it’s pretty much perfect. This and Darkness are Bruce at his absolute best for me.

I have it on vinyl and dusted it off and gave it a spin recently. A classic.