Dermot O’Leary playing “Here comes the Fear” on Radio 2 now

Very underrated album.

This is one of his best songs.

1 Like

This is a masterpiece

4 Likes

The Operation for me. The drums :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Led Zepplin’s Moby Dick may have been an influence.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I bought this in Freakout Records on Drury St 35 plus years ago for the 2 pounds on the sticker. They used to stub out their joints when I came down the stairs from the street because I looked like a plain clothed policeman.

3 Likes

i can dig it classic film GIF by Turner Classic Movies
I can picture you now

1 Like

Saw them twice in 2005 or 2006 and totally reevaluated what I thought that band was. That’s a great album

1 Like

Always coming back to this one. It must be one of the best albums of ‘World Music’ ever released.

3 Likes

Ry Cooder gets a lot of credit and rightfully so, but it was Nick Gold who got all these fabulous musicians together and in the space of a few weeks produced three amazing albums, BVSC, A Toda Cuba Le Gusta and Introducung Ruben Gonzales. The live at Carnegie Hall album is a great document, Ibrahim Ferrer, Ruben Gonzales and Compay Segundo all passed away between it’s recording and release.

3 Likes

Phenomenal sound and an epic effort to amalgamate and document their combined talent.

1 Like

Listening to Devo - Are We Not Men here. A great record

3 Likes

The Incredible String Band - The Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter. Another great record. I bought it in Haight Ashbury years ago.

1 Like

Great bump.

1 Like

Listening to Guy Clark again. Mind blown.

My sister sent some pics of some of the albums I put in storage in the mother’s attic when I was moving house way back when. I haven’t had a ‘record player’ in 20 years and can’t remember when I last listened to them. I get a hint that it would be welcomed if I offered to take them back!

11 Likes

Sad to say that I had to pack up most of the CDs I had around. It’s like the Late Late Show postal competition with the packed container.

Listened to this one though

10 Likes