Albums You've Rediscovered

Used to have that fugazi one years ago, also this one

2 Likes

“When we have nothing left to give, there’ll be no reason for us to live…”

Found my Crowded House albums recently - Woodface and Together Alone. Neil Finn sure knew how to write a song…

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lfjNRz-ZoBM

5 Likes

Came across this in the car. Listening to it now in the car park in Lidl in Baldoyle. Super stuff

2 Likes

Are you buying a guitar in lidl?

No. Doing the weekly shop. Picked up 5 sets of acoustic guitar strings for 8.99 while I was at it.

Was thinking about them. The wife wouldn’t allow me to buy the electronic drum kit “for the young fella”.

Lovely bongo set there for 15 euros. You’d soon discover if he had the groove.

1 Like

I have strong feeling towards Neil Finn. A beautiful song writer.

1 Like

Best gig I saw in a long time when I saw them this year

Listening to my life in the Bush of Ghosts by David Byrne and Brian Eno a lot recently. Years ahead of its time when released in 1981. So far ahead of its time that I am only beginning to appreciate it now. One of the funkiest records you will ever here.

This is one of the best songs on the record.

i threw a couple of classics into the car for a long journey recently, forgotten how good they were,
Disintegration by The Cure and It’s great when you’re straight from Black Grape

2 Likes

Listening to Oxygene by Jean Michel Jarre here. Great record. A lot of people bollix on about Kraftwerk (who are great, but their records weren’t sold or played here in the 1970s) but this would have been the first synth record most people would have heard/bought here.

1 Like

This beauty from 1995.

Massive attack vs the Mad Professor

1 Like

Excellent heads up, pal. Thanks. Hadn’t heard it before and thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. I imagine it influenced a lot of 1980s rock and pop. New Gold Dream-era Simple Minds were heavily influenced by it, I would think.

1 Like

Funny this thread was bumped, was out with the kids a while ago and I threw this on, I often grab a cd on the way out the door, hadn’t listened to this in over ten years, kids thought it was mental.

Hope for your sake that’s not the one with you’re not the boss of me on it

Malcolm in the Middle?? That must have been much later, Flood has Birdhouse in your soul, Istanbul was Constantinople, Lucky ball and chain etc, to be honest their isn’t a bad track on it, reminds me of a school tour to France in 5th year.

1 Like

Private Universe is unreal.

1 Like

Cheers @Sidney. It’s very nice to get a bit of positive feedback