Alex Ferguson Managerial Career Discussion thread

Adrian Doherty was the biggest talent of all seemingly.

Here read it properly there again. You must have missed the bit where I pointed out the difference in the two scenarios.

This Ferguson/Pogba/youth/agent/misjudgement/free will/original sin/predestination/Calvinism/transsubstantion/reality does not exist debate is the most boring debate in the history of the INTERNET.

Thank God I didn’t read any of it.

Lads got banned for less.

And Pogba is about to become the first £100m player in the game.

Read that, fuckhead.

You’re not basing your argument on facts, you imbecile.

1 Like

Ah it isn’t. There was a lengthy debate on the Ulster football thread so shit that it made the worst of Ulster football look thrilling

At the risk of prolonging this argument I’m responding to this in my best Rafa Benitez manner…

FACT(s)

FACT
[quote=“croppy_boy, post:429, topic:18881”]
Wayne Rooney was an established Premier League player with a top 10 team when he was signed. Pogba was a 17 year old who had not started a single game for Le Havre.
[/quote]

Accept them if you want or not. They are facts that show that Ferguson was consistent with his treatment of Youth Players that were unproven at Premier League starting level. Pogba and his agent didn’t like this and chose to leave when his contract was up.

If not that’s fine. The are hard statistics though.

Wayne Rooney was a 18 year old who Ferguson broke the world transfer record for a teenager.

Paul Pogba, the guy who Ferguson wouldn’t pick and left them for nothing, is about to become the most expensive player in the world.

Those are facts.

Rooney had played in the Premier League 67 times for Everton, scoring 17 goals.

Pogba had played for the Youth team and was managed the same way as Ferguson had managed some of the most successful players at that level during his tenure. This is irrefutable.

If you don’t accept it I don’t really care. It just means that you are ignoring it to suit your own bias. That’s fine.

Carry on.

Ferguson could have played Pogba if he wanted, he didn’t. He chose to played finished wingers, shit full backs, call guys out of retirement rather than give this star a go.

Pogba left for Juventus and made an immeadiate impact, he was ready, he was good enough.

Ferguson fucked up and you’re an imbecile for failing to acknowledge that.

Ferguson a racist?

1 Like

You don’t know that because Nicky Butt (Nicky Butt ffs sake) was 20 and had done whatever he’d done in the game at that age that Ferguson planned to construct/plot Pogba’s career out in the same manner as Nicky Fucking Butt. Will you wake up?

You’ve constructed that scenario in your mind, quite bizarrely. Giggs was a regular at 17 and others like Lee Sharp were regulars too at very young ages. I could equally adopt the contrary position that Giggs and Sharp was the template followed by Ferguson and conveniently ignore the players you’ve plucked to suit yourself.

A player’s suitability for regular first team action was likely based on the specific player’s characteristics. The fact is Ferguson cut off his nose to spite his face and the fact is that seasoned Juve players like Buffon and Pirlo said Pogba was a star from the beginning.

3 Likes

Wes fucking Browne had played a shit load of games when a teenager too.

I’m not sure why ye are continuing to try debate this with croppy. regardless of anything that will be ever said, there will be no changing of thought on this. Letting go of a player for free and then spending a world record fee to get him back could hardly be seen as being anything other than a correct move.

3 Likes

Pogba will sign for Real Madrid for a lot less than €100m so it’s all irrelevant anyway.

1 Like

Juventus won’t sell him for any less than €100m.

1 Like

Why would Pogba leave Utd under a cunt & even contemplate joining Utd under the biggest cunt in the business?

2 Likes

Exactly. Why would Pogba go back to a club he left under a cloud when Sir Alex is still there and Real want him anyway. United playing the rube yet again this summer.

Pogba will go to whatever club makes the best business sense mate.

The money floating around the EPL is disgusting.