Algarve destinations?

I’ve got to spend 2 weekst here.
I’m goign to Alvor for 1. nice food, village, hotel and nice and quiet.
Not looking for a party spot and want to avoid the scanger element.
Have been to Vilamoura but that was just rich scangers and the beach was gross.
I’m basically looking for another Alvor.

Any ideas?

Yours etc,
GSH.

Pria De Rocha

My oul pair love Lagos. Supposed to be very nice with some great restaurants. Stayed in Praia Vau once, just up the road from Praia de Rocha. Not really ideal. Stayed in Olhos de Agua also, just up the road from Albufeira. Lovely and quiet with some nice places to eat and a great beach, not many Brits around.
Alternatively, get the bus up to Sevilla. Great city and it’s only a few hours away.

[quote=“Thrawneen”]My oul pair love Lagos. Supposed to be very nice with some great restaurants. Stayed in Praia Vau once, just up the road from Praia de Rocha. Not really ideal. Stayed in Olhos de Agua also, just up the road from Albufeira. Lovely and quiet with some nice places to eat and a great beach, not many Brits around.
Alternatively, get the bus up to Sevilla. Great city and it’s only a few hours away.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth.

I’ll have a car. I was is Lagos once and Pr de Rocha once also. I did like Lagos. Just looking for a quiet place, nice hotel, nice beach and good food.
Yours in appreciation,
GSH.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]I’ll have a car. I was is Lagos once and Pr de Rocha once also. I did like Lagos. Just looking for a quiet place, nice hotel, nice beach and good food.
Yours in appreciation,
GSH.[/QUOTE]

Check out Olhos de Agua so. Very very quiet when I was there, much to my chagrin.

Alvor is class GSH - I’d stay a second week there if I was you

I agree. The beach was great, the pubs were nice and fresh fish cooked for you down at the port in the evening. We’ve been doing a double sort of holiday for a while. A week one place and a week somewhere else.
To be honest, I would just as easily be happy with 2 weeks in the house and not working.

Yours etc,
GSH.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]I agree. The beach was great, the pubs were nice and fresh fish cooked for you down at the port in the evening. We’ve been doing a double sort of holiday for a while. A week one place and a week somewhere else.
To be honest, I would just as easily be happy with 2 weeks in the house and not working.

Yours etc,
GSH.[/QUOTE]

Some of the nicest restaurants I’ve ever eaten are there. Just a really relaxed chilled out place but plenty of places to have a bit of madness if you’d like.

+1

Just back from there about 3 weeks ago. Some seriously good deals on golf courses out there at the moment if you’re into that GSH.

I’m not sure if I’d spend more than 1 week in Alvor though. Hop in the car and drive to Sevilla.

Pria De Rocha is a kip

I’ll be flying out to Alvor this week.

Any tips?

Fly to Faro instead. There’s no airport in Alvor

12 Likes

Would you believe I typed “to Faro en route to Alvor” and then said fuck it - if a simple lad who has a literal brain needs a handy few likes to cheer himself up then who am I to deny him that little win for himself.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Are you there for long? It’s a lovely little village. Fishermen literally bringing fresh catch into seaside restaurants. The beach there is lovely. Would love to be heading back there

2 Likes

Just the 4 days.

I’ve booked the restaurant in the caves/hillside for one night but the reviews look shite.

1 Like

Meant to be a lovely drive along the coast there

1 Like

2013 was last time we were there so couldn’t tell you much about restaurants there now. Willies over near Villamoura was the standout place we went to. Worth a visit if you want something at the high end

1 Like

I’ll stroll around so and take my chances. A glass of wine outside in the evening sun will see me right.

Loads of lovely places to eat down near the harbour. Smashing beach there too. Enjoy.

1 Like

I’m here now :sunny:
Been here since last thursday, just total relaxation. There’s a lovely boardwalk from the port area along the back of the beach that’s well worth doing. We’ve eaten out every night and had some lovely food, there’s a very nice Indian just alongside the supermarket as you come into alvor. Would highly recommend it.
Took a drive upto montchiquie earlier in the week, had a lovely walk and some nice lunch.
Whatever you do I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as you can’t go wrong here really

Also I forgot there’s a pastry shop called Mel and canels just outside alvor, you get the most amazing pastries and coffee. It’s so cheap aswell

8 Likes