All Ireland Final 2’19 - Kilkenny v Tipperary, a Traditional Final

First final since 2’16. Will it be revenge for that year or our other near rivals Wexford

In order of preference Wexford beating KK in an All-Ireland final has to come first. But Cody beating Tipp in a final with this team is a close second.

That result today will focus a lot of minds ahead of tomorrow. Kilkenny won’t replicate that performance the next day. They may become slightly vulnerable already.

The winners tomorrow will be favourites, let there be no doubt

Only if it’s Wexford. Tipperary are a mess but an inconsistent mess.

As it should be :clap:

1 Like

A system that rewards failure has thrown up what will surely be the most asterisked final in history as both these teams have already lost 3 times between them. The game is gone from us.

** beside the name of whoever wins it.

No ***

A novel pairing

Two bad teams.

The first team I believe to lose twice and reach a final against a side hammered by 12 points in the Munster Final. The glory of it.

Tipperary threw the right game

Coach Sheedy clearly played possum in the Munster Final, outstanding tactics.

I remember the Limerick lads crowing about the greatest team ever after that game, where are they now? driving around Kilkee and Lahinch in their free mazda’s when the serious business is starting

12 Likes

Agreed, having Tipperary in the final does devalue the All Ireland Hurling competition

Tipperary will win the final.

They’re not singing cheerio now anyway.

2 Likes

They have the forwards for it

The subs coming good at the end was a big positive for Tipp there.

Would fairly fancy Kilkenny myself though at this point.