Cumulative years without an All-Ireland final:
Mayo/Dublin/Kerry/Cork: 18

Cumulative years without an All-Ireland:
Armagh/Galway/Derry: 70
Mayo: 71

2 Likes

105 years I believe

1 Like

Clare have made one one football final in 1917 which they lost to Wexford.

The People’s Final

Unreal.

Has the whole thing of teams coming into games “untested” been covered on the GGA cliches thread?

A quick search says No. :astonished:

I see @Bisto is worried Dublin will be untested coming in against the winners of Kerry and Mayo.

I watched most of Cork-Limerick yesterday with the sound down. Cork were appalling and should have been around 8 points down at half time. Their defensive system consisted of several lads just standing around the D to complement the man markers but Limerick kept blazing the ball wide from around 30 yards.

Dublin will beat them 10 goals (cc @BruidheanChaorthainn).

2 Likes

I hope seven of them are back post downward palmings into the net from four yards off looping handpasses which leave the goalkeeper stranded. But it won’t be the same without Michael Darragh McAuley finishing them.

Have Dublin not won 6 All Irelands being untested at this stage?

I might take the childer down to croke park for this. You’d have to fancy a well rested derry against clare, even if they are untested. Yous would have to say armagh looked better than derry against donegal.
I did hear that the donegal lads all received their boosters last week.

What dates are these games and the semis on?

Quarter Finals are 25th and 26th June

Semi Finals are 9th and 10th July

Final is 24th July

2 Likes

They’ll put dubs and Kerry quarters and semis on the Saturday I’d say will they?

Dates and times prediction:

Saturday June 25th
Derry v Clare 3:45pm
Dublin v Cork 6pm

Sunday June 26th
Galway v Armagh 1:45pm
Kerry v Mayo 4pm

Saturday July 9th
Dublin v Kerry/Mayo 5pm

Sunday July 10th
Galway/Armagh v Derry/Clare 3:30pm

Unreal

I dont see Dublin vs Cork and Kerry vs Mayo being on the same day personally.

@Cheasty post above won’t be far wrong

I’d say a double header of Galway-Armagh and Derry-Clare would do easily 60k knowing one of those is getting to a final.

3 Likes

Yeah you would think all four will bring a far bigger crowd than if they were playing Kerry or Dublin as all four will feel they could win on the day. Derry and Armagh will travel in big numbers id say

2 Likes

Armagh/Derry will bring a huge crowd. Armagh must have outnumbered Donegal 4 to 1 yesterday. Galway will bring a decent crowd. I know it was in Salthill but they had a big enough following at the Connacht final against Roscommon which hasn’t always been the case in recent years. Clare probably a dedicated but modest enough following. Hard to know will some just save their money if the hurlers are in a semi-final shortly afterwards.

Rumours Derry will be on the Sunday at 1.45pm