All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Happy with that. Mayo v Kerry should be good craic and worth staying around for after our game.

Is this one of these occasions where Sky had 1st choice & went for Dublin just because it’s Dublin and Mike from Mansfield might be less inclined to switch over to the tennis on Sky Sports 4 if he recognises a place name, RTE had the next two picks and then Sky had the last one?

Head for Bray.

I could see Clare v Derry being a cracker.

I would imagine so, Dublin and Cork is nealry 2/5ths of the country. It might even be the right call viewing figures wise.

Have we had a health update on the last remaining living member of that cursed Mayo team recently?

Really looking forward to Cork and Dublin, to be the best you have to beat the best :+1:

I’ve a free spot usually in Dun Laoghaire but it’s an absolute cunt on the m50 after

1 Like

Galway Mayo All Ireland Final looks a formality

All-Ireland SFC semi-final and Tailteann Cup Final details :point_down:

:spiral_calendar: Sat 8th July, Croke Park - :tv: SKY/RTÉ
:watch: 3:00pm - Offaly/Westmeath vs. Cavan/Sligo :trophy:

:watch: 5:30pm - Derry/Clare vs. Galway/Armagh

:spiral_calendar: Sun 9th July, Croke Park - :tv: SKY/RTÉ
:watch: 3:30pm - Dublin/Cork vs. Kerry/Mayo

There is no Saturday the 8th of July or Sunday the 9th of July this year.

I note that there is a two hour gap between the throw in times for the two All-Ireland hurling quarter-finals (1:45pm and 3:45pm) but the two football quarter-final double headers (moderately attractive and mouthwatering respectively) both have a 2 hours and 15 minutes gap.

Then there is a 2 hours 30 minutes gap between the throw in times for the Tommy Taltin Cup final and the first All-Ireland football semi-final.

Throw in times seem all over the place too. Sunday television double headers used to be 2pm and 4pm but in the last few weeks this has changed to 1:45pm and 4pm.

Saturday television double headers seem to alternate between 4pm/6pm and 5pm/7pm. We’ve had 5pm Saturday All-Ireland semi-finals and final replays, a 6pm final replay, 7pm quarter-finals, and now seemingly from nowhere 5:30pm is pulled out of the hat for a semi-final. I’ve complained about this in the past. You need designated time slots almost as a brand and stick to them.

1 Like

In fairness, you’ve complained about a lot of things in the past.

1 Like

This stuff really matters. I am passionate in my stance on time slots like a passionate hurling man is passionate about hurling.

1 Like

I think there are no remaining members of the Mayo 1951 team now. The last one passed on around Christmas as far as I know.

Paddy Prendergast died two weeks after the All-Ireland final last year. He was the last surviving player.

Panel member but non-player in 1951 Mick Loftus is still hanging around.

Luas from Red Cow.

Head through Clondalkin and Newcastle to the N4 and avoid M50

They like to keep us on our toes.

During Covid it was mental stuff altogether.

Tipp played Galway in 2020 at 1pm on a Saturday and Im nearly certain our 2021 QF v Waterford was a 1pm throw in too.

I remember having my breakfast at half time of the Wexford-Clare championship clash in winter 2020. I missed the first ten minutes of the second half, as it was a substantial affair. That winter blitz was absolutely farcical.

5 Likes

I’d rather watch the 2004 Munster Hurling Final on repeat than watch a minute back of the winter blitz

I’d say he counts as well.

1 Like