All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Looked like a mis hit to me

Glass hasn’t been as effective since the yellow card

What a finish

The Derry goals have been stunning

The Clare goalie made himself fine and small all the same

1 Like

Some great finishing for all the goals in the first half.

Now that’s a tidy finish. Although has the keeper gone to ground 3 too early every time?

Gallagher doing a Phil Brown?

What Colm Collins is doing there is remarkable. Particularly in the face of what I’d imagine was staunch resistance to football within sections of the county board. It’s basically like someone taking over Wexford now in division 4 and having them up in Div 2 within 3-4 seasons, winning two titles in the process and reaching two all-Ireland quarter-finals. Literally no underage success of note to build on with Clare either unlike Tipp.

Some sickner for Clare, almost turned over Derry for a goal chance, Derry get what looked like a soft ish free. Down the field, goal. Half time. Fucked.

Goal conceded off our own kickout as per usual. We were traveling more in hope than expectation but some of the defending has been cat altogether

West Clare is nearly all football though? Whereas in Wexford there isn’t really a defined geographical area that favours football? I always think with counties with defined geographical areas that favour each sport you have something to build off.

Clare look to me like a team that know their place. Small team mentality. They have reached their limit. Cork on the other hand will have a big team mentality. Without McCarthy and O’Callaghan Dublin could be in big trouble. The last Dublin championship defeat I did not attend was the 1990 Leinster final. Today could bridge that gap.

“Oh oh oh, I wish i was back home in Derry.”

Men against Boys here.

Great to see Big Rob has made it to Croker.

1 Like

He has done a great job and long may it last.

Interestingly enough you have the politics backwards, Pat Fitzgerald kept control with the votes of football only clubs back west. There is almost no chance most of the football clubs would ever let hurling be part of their clubs but they don’t stop the players heading to Kilmaley/Ballyea/Inagh/kilmamona for a bit of small ball.

All underage teams were underfunded anyway irrespective of code. There is a difference at senior level but that is down to team fundraising.

There is no issue with playing football in the hurling area bar Sixmilebridge and possibly Newmarket and most clubs have some sort of team. Clooney/Quin for example set up a football club in 2014 or 2015 and are tipping away with it.

1 Like

Yeah, was always gonna be hard but to have two self inflicted wounds like that were killers

Ah they’ve punched way above their limit for the past 6 or 7 years. All they’re missing is a Munster final appearance to cap off the progress. They’ve regularly beaten and finished above Cork in the league over the last 4 or 5 years despite the long standing dominance Cork would have previously had over them.

Who is the Stephen lad in the studio?

Stephen Rochford who managed Mayo (2016-2018).

A fair few fellas in that parish with pen-knives and bad intentions towards a size 5 cc @balbec

They were one of the better intermediate teams through the early 00s and a few from there won seniors with Cratloe after

1 Like

I do remember a snippet from At All Costs where Davy said his auld lad wasn’t giving him any perks ahead of the football and they were both treated the same alright. Davy himself was anti-football I’d imagine?

To be fair it’s probably a positive for Clare football they haven’t reached one.

1 Like