All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

There has in Ulster. Tyrone getting beat is always a classic.

1 Like

I’d say Galway v Armagh will be brilliant.

Marty on commentary will be iconic

If the hurling quarter finals had been as poor as those games today you can be sure the likes of @thedancingbaby would be all over it like a rash. Mad to think that there’s 4 hurling teams left and 6 football teams and probably no more than 2-3 memorable games in either championship. Terrible damps squibs.

2 Likes

It’s been the worst championship of all time so far.

I’d love to respond mate but i have to hold my hand up and say i only saw 2 of the hurling quarter finals.

Was poor fare in HQ today but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 Like

Luckily it’ll be better next year because the Super 8s are returning (apparently). We’ll get to see Clare annihilated three times rather than just the once.

2 Likes

There was a brief attempt at having 4 hurling quarter-finals in 2005-2007 period. Didn’t work overly well and was dispensed with quickly. I do remember a cracker between Galway and Tipp (as always) in the 2005 quarters though.

Actually come to think of it Cork and Waterford played out an outstanding quarter-final in the rain in 05’ as well when Brian Corcoran got that score on his knees.

1 Like

Wasn’t the famous game when Damien fitzhenry sent tipp packing with a goal one of those years?

Who was the last hurling keep to score a goal?

1 Like

Mark Fanning 2019 I’d say

Yeah Wexford beat Tipp in 2007. Fitzhenry scored a similar goal to knock Limerick out in 2001 from a 21 yard free. A great keeper. Mark Fanning scored a penalty against Kilkenny in the 2019 Leinster final success. Maybe Nash in 2013 before him?

Ok guys lets nip the hurling shite in the bud here.

1 Like

The Laois keeper Rowland scored a goal vs Dublin this year.

2 Likes

Scored a hat trick recently for his club iirc

Let’s get back on topic

Armagh v Galway and Kerry v Mayo tomorrow.

It’s all on Armagh to save the Championship. I’m taking a seat on the bandwagon

It’ll be a short lived journey on the bandwagon i fear.

1 Like

Is his clubmate Eoin Reilly back around?

Will BBC be showing the game on tv?

How would they be ??