Wexford

Free vote:

Laois

Kerry

Limerick

Waterford

It’s a secret ballot when they get there though. I’m expecting Shenanigan’s

The players don’t care what you think mate

This aint going through. Mick knifed it Monday morning.

What’s a free vote?

Delegates decide themselves how to vote on the day.

1 Like

Ulster says NO!

Bar Down of course. :roll_eyes:

Whichever way the wind blows

There’s a belief that there are going to be changes made to the proposal ahead of the vote, hence the reason some counties are giving free votes, or thats what was the mood in the Laois meeting the other night.

I’m not against change, but this change seems irrational and poorly thought out. Its also poorly timed. I wouldnt throw it out, I’d send it back for a few tweaks, and drive on with what we have for another wee bit.

2 Likes

Woolie is going to have a fucking meltdown if it doesn’t go through. I can’t listen to the pod at the minute with the constant rehashing of it.

I personally think its a terrible proposal, an absolute fudge. Just split the fucking thing. If you win you get promoted, end of. If you are division 4 you aren’t going to win the all ireland ffs.

4 Likes

There seems to be no incentive to winning all your games in Division One and topping the group, so if say Dublin/Kerry/Tyrone win their first 3 or 4 games, they are likely to rest players in Rounds 5,6,7 which could have a major impact on who makes it through the group in 5th.

There’s so many flaws in this, its ridiculous.

2 Likes

The worst thing about it is Div 4 and Div 3 teams straight into the AI series. Surely the best thing would be to put the provincial winners straight in and if they qualify by the league standings then put the next best league side in. That way the provincials still hold some value.

2 Likes

Problem with that is the league would literally be 7 challenge games for the provincial winners

Is that not what it already is?

If you get relegated from Div 1, your chances of being in the senior comp are limited as you pretty much have to win your Provincial the following year.

No sure they’ll need to make the top 5. If Dublin win Leinster it won’t matter where they finish. Division 1 will be the best part of it. The problems lie elsewhere.

What was the problem with the proposal Jim mcguinness had that seemed very good. A 'champions league format leading to an A and a B competition with knock out from the last 16