All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

A friend of mine currently lives on Clonliffe road. He told me a good scatter of Armagh fans left at around the 70 min mark. They surely bet the traffic :roll_eyes:

Galway v Armagh started at 1:45. It finished at half four. It had started pissing rain. Who on earth is going to stick around for another match after that.

2 Likes

How many teams this year have they been involved in a melee with - Tyrone, Donegal, Galway.

The 2017 All Ireland final was probably the greatest football game of all time.

5 Likes

The Limerick narcissists are desperately crawling into something that has nothing to do with them shouting “Look at me. Look at me”
It’s odd. It’s no wonder the hurling team need Caroline o Currrid to hold their hands.

16 Likes

We’ll see Cianan Fahy and the rest of you next Sunday, pal.

1 Like

I would be very surprised if it wasn’t. You’d wonder if the cccc won’t want to send out a message though.

Sean Kelly could actually be the fall guy for Galway getting the three hurlers off last week.

They made a mug of the GAA authorities and their disciplinary system so the powers-that-be won’t be in any rush to do Galway a favour and overturn it.

Flatty , it looked to me almost like a token/symbolic sending off. As they said at the time sent off for not controlling their players. That’ll never be upheld on appeal

It genuinely wouldn’t be fair as he didn’t do anything, but what happened with the hurlers wasn’t right either so who knows.

That was a shockingly needy post. I’d say it’s been ‘forwarded many times’ on the aul WhatsApp’s

2 Likes

You’d hardly believe this would you? Or is it some sort of hopped ball?

Unless theres some obscure rule. Upholding the ban would be as ridiculous as the hurlers getting off

I had to pick someone up on Iona Rd at 4.45 ish yesterday. Was listening to the match on the radio. Thought I would get out just ahead of the match patrons. Didn’t and had to edge through the patrons to get out on to Drumcondra road. One of the Armagh cunts hit the car a smack with a flagpole.

Flegpole

1 Like

They believed this year. But in the end, who did they actually beat? A shite Tyrone team and an even worse Donegal team.

McGeeney gets some pass all the same for a decade of failure.

2 Likes

No suspension will stick in the GAA. The only plausible punishment is to throw players into a lengthy legal vortex in which their preparation for a match is completely destroyed before eventually clearing them.

In Sean Kelly’s case, this should entail something like the following:

Kelly’s case cannot be heard until July 6th because of a “backlog”.

Wednesday July 6th: Kelly must face the CHC in person, because “you can’t be having decisions made via e-mail”. Venue: The Rathlin Island hotel, Rathlin Island, County Antrim, at 8pm. Kelly will be “suspended”.

Thursday July 7th:
Kelly’s appeal to the CAC will be heard in person. Venue: The Mizen Head Hotel, County Cork, at 9pm. Kelly’s appeal will be dismissed.

Friday July 8th:
Kelly’s appeal to the DRA will be heard in person. Venue: The Tory Island Hotel, Tory Island, County Donegal, starting at 11:59pm. The DRA will work through the night hearing the case and the verdict will be announced at around 5am on Saturday morning. Verdict: Sean Kelly is cleared and free to play against Derry later that day.

The system will work and be seen to work.

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting that when Galway and Derry met in semi-finals in 1998 and 2001 Galway went on to win the All-Ireland. A great omen for PJ’s men. Beat Derry by about 11 points in the league in the spring too. I do fancy Derry’s system to sneak the win this time though.

Kerry will feel they’re surely due a win against Dublin on the law of averages after dramatic defeats in 2011, 13’, 15’, 16’ and 19’. Hopefully there’s enough vulnerability in a Kerry or Dublin that Galway or Derry could really trouble them in the final.

Who have Derry beaten so far? I haven’t seen them at all yet.