All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Tyrone, Monaghan and Donegal to win Ulster. Basically beat the 3 teams who’d hoovered up every Ulster title between them since 2008*. Then they dismantled Clare in the quarter-final. Admittedly Clare would be a limited enough team who were doing well to reach an AI quarter-final and consistently hold their own in Div 2.

*Briefly forgot Cavan winning Ulster in 2020 and getting the cars hooting horn reception afterwards during the Covid year.

Armagh need to apologise to the 5 year old in question

2 Likes

Armagh have a lot to answer for

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear: I fucking love my little country.

2 Likes

Shane Walsh is a good lad to talk back.

He must have had a good seat in the Cusack stand to be able to see the incident.

Armagh should be booted out of the championship for a minimum of 10 years. Can’t believe the Taoiseach isn’t involved here

Ha, kitman kicking footballs high and far into the Hogan Stand after the game. Lads from Wesht Galway belting out n17 with tears in their eyes. Magical fucking day.

4 Likes

Oh yeah. I actually saw most of the Clare game.

Fine Gael the party of law and order need to make a statement here

Agreed. That five year old will now be completely hooked after experiencing yesterday. But because they are from Armagh, a lifetime of heartbreak awaits.

I was disappointed with the choice of song yesterday.

It should have been Galway Bay by Dolores Keane.

Ah you’re some clipe.

It has to be Teenage Kicks for Derry.

It was fucking incredible stuff.

I had to move heaven and earth to make it to this one, but by god I was delighted I did. One of those days were you thank god you love sport. Galway and Armagh served one up for the ages. It was a game we won a few times but somehow managed to fuck it away a few times as well.

At 70 minutes and 6 points up, the Mayo supporting auld fella was congratulating me on the win. I said don’t be congratulating me until it’s done. And sure enough we found a way to let Armagh back in to it. I was absolutely seething at full time of normal time. To the point that I watched the mass brawl in a daze. It was a game that had everything.

Huge credit to Galway for lifting themselves again and not being blown out of it in ET. Full credit to Armagh for their never say die attitude. Rian O’Neills equaliser was one of the best scores I’ve ever seen in Croke Park. Incredible strike.

It was up there with beating Tipp in ‘15. & ‘17 for heart attack enducing drama. It was brilliant.

29 Likes

I had an awful shit week leading up to the match on a personal note, but by fuck, after that match I felt I could conquer heaven and earth! God bless the Galway football folk, Pj, Divilly, O’Domnhall! Great people! Great supporters!

7 Likes

I travelled down to this yesterday alongside the hordes of neighbours as I was expecting it to be a decent game. I reckon it’s the best game of football iv been to, and one of the noisiest stadiums, just an outstanding afternoons entertainment.
Galway are a brilliantly stylish outfit to watch. I saw Robert Finnerty in the Sigerson earlier this year and thought he was a huge prospect, he has now started to show it at intercounty level. The nonsense Mackin (who you would have thought would have learned his lesson) started when he came on and picked him up didn’t knock a stir out of Finnerty, brilliant mover on the field and a beautiful striker of the ball. Great to see Tierney have a big impact yesterday, has a lovely Galway style of playing the game. Lads like Silke, Daly and McDaid the same, just total footballers. Gleeson is getting a hard time but other than the 2nd goal I’m not sure he was much at fault, 1st came about because he is vertically challenged and Molloy had to get to the 3rd before it bounced. Gleeson to his credit managed to keep things together reasonably well except for the kickout immediately after the 3rd goal which Armagh took a quick shot from that went wide - had that gone over I’m fairly sure it would have finished the game.
Comer is getting the blame for starting the scrap but it seems the cameras didn’t catch it all. Comer was making his way to the dressingrooms fairly sheepishly after throwing away a big lead and being booked for goading Rafferty. Morgan came charging across and gave him a severe dunt in the back, and it seems to be only after this that the cameras started to pick things up. There was nothing much to it anyway bar the gouging - an Armagh donkey with a subs bib on made a big leap and pulled Glynn to the ground and that was about as much as there was in it. Considering Armagh have a long history of these type incidents, if both teams are punished similarly after it then it would be as daft as a referee flashing 2 red cards for the cornerback and cornerforward when they are found rolling on the floor. Sean Kelly comes across in how he plays and how he conducted himself yesterday as an absolute gent, there is no way his red card should stand.
Stayed for the 1st half of the Kerry game, saw Clifford’s bit of magic for the goal and left the stadium delighted with it all. The only small negative was the realisation that south Armagh people are now prepared to queue for 45 mins heading in each direction to pay the €2 toll in Drogheda - I’m fairly sure that in the days of old a couple of the barriers would have been ripped off and everyone could continue to make steady progress.

17 Likes

If a lad was prosecuted and convicted of assault in a Saturday night brawl and lost their job because of the conviction, very few would shed any tears. This tramp deserves every bit of grief he gets. He wasn’t even playing so the heat of the moment excuse doesn’t wash.

1 Like

Time to leave it off now. He’ll get his suspension and he’ll serve his time. No need to take it any further. Its poor form to.

1 Like

Crucifixion’s too good for 'im.