All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Dick will make a great Uachtarán Chumann Lúthchleas Gael.

Played a bit with Brigids. Got awful stick. The first man giving won’t someone think of the children schtick. Think he want Elliot banned for life that time

1 Like

Dick Clerkin talking unusual sense here.

Mass hysteria from the rest of the panel. The eye gouging was appalling, the rest of it was merely pushing and jostling.

Poor Sean Kelly is going to find it hard to get his red card overturned.

He acted like an absolute gentleman through it all.

1 Like

This Kevin Doyle chap is some gimp.

4 Likes

Yesterday was fucking brilliant and we all loved it, all of it*, especially the Galway collapse, especially the Armagh comeback, but especially the fight, and especially the gouging.

We loved it because the championship is war on a football pitch, cut throat war on a football pitch, it’s primal, it makes everybody lose their shit, that’s how we like it.

If Damien Comer had lost his eye I would feel guilty about saying that, but he didn’t, so I don’t.

*Until the penalties.

Completely missing the point. He deserves a hefty hefty ban

Morgan and Baysht had a coming together, utterly harmless, Donaghy was peacemaking, utterly harmless and then RON arrived onto the scene and it escalated from there.

Rian O’Neill has an unbelievable record of starting full scale brawls but Star had no business sprinting across in the first place.

Tony Leen gave an account on the Examiner podcast that pretty much concurs with what @Halfpipe saw. Morgan went looking for it alright

Morgan was looking for it all day, I’d expect nothing less from a chippy Ulster corner back. No harm in what happened between him and Baysht, Baysht was well able to give it to Rafferty when it suited him.

The doing Shane Walsh got all day was wicked though. Even for Armagh.

1 Like

Remember him saying about the 2 Johnnies controversy to do with car stickers that he usually isn’t easily offended.

Them student union journalist types really are strange people.

On a completely different note Roscommon should be ashamed of themselves losing to Clare.

1 Like

I read Brian Gavin there. Lads saying the scrap would never have happened if the teams were heading to 2 seperate tunnels are deluded. 2 teams heading in the opposite direction are more likely to clash, a wee trip here, a wee your ma jibe there, you’ll be more determined to go help a lad out if he’s isolated getting a few digs then otherwise

The intensity at that moment yesterday was off the charts, fellas needed to blow off a little steam it didn’t take much. High intensity moments require high level management, I am thinking of Steve Cooper running onto the pitch to hold his players back in the Play offs after things were on the verge of boiling over. Forest were ahead in a bad tempered game with more to lose, Cooper made sure there would be no ‘incidents’

Canny PJ did exactly the opposite there yesterday because the best thing that happened to Galway after blowing a big lead was sowing it into the filthy Armagh bastards because he knew well the cunts would only lose the rag altogether. I thought after the RON free Galway were doomed, after the fight I was confident again these lads would get the job done

7 Likes

Has this been posted already?

Hiroshima Nagasaki :joy::joy:

I recall watching the 1985 All Ireland final (from over the wall that Con Houlihan stood at on the Canal) and there was fair softening up of the Dubs before the ball was thrown in.

There’s a clip doing the rounds. It’s almost ground level from Hill end and it shows the start of it and how it escalated. Not sure if it’s been posted back along this thread already. Morgan ran past/up to Comer and shouldered him, Comer shouldered back, a couple more shoulders, a couple of Armagh lads converge on it, then Galway reinforcements. It was harmless until the gouge alright. There was some speculation that Comer “must” have done something to have a few Armagh lads incensed but he did nothing other than shoulder Morgan back.

4 Likes

The South Armagh boys would know a thing or two about bombs alright.

Imagine how many kids saw it?