All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Lads wondering who started the fight ffs. Galwaymen only start fights in club matches.

Have you calmed down?

Some people lost their shit completely yesterday from GAA fans, journalists and pundits to politicians to general media types. A sense of calm is being restored now. You’d swear Kelly sat up on a dead horse for a picture the way some folk were going on.

11 Likes

The amount of Northern Reg cars abandoned illegally around Croke Park on Sunday afternoon was a sight to behold.

South Armagh boys don’t give a fiddlers.

Galway footballers still seem to be scared of their shite at croke park tunnels. 1983 is an incessant nightmare

Nope.

We won on Sunday pal.

6 Likes

Yep. Thats how it went alright. Twas a thing of nothing until RON and the heavies flew in. There was something with one of the Armagh subs (maybe a sub goalie, always the worst useless kind of cunt) grabbed a Galway player from behind and wrestled him to the ground, but that appeared the worst of it aside from the gouge.

You were hardly born at that stage?

Joe is right. The off the ball stuff was just ridiculous. Comer and Walsh were constantly targeted.

Armagh came to soften Galway up and they were sent home with tae in their mugs.

5 Likes

Joe is a great man.

The Connemara lads are fair tough.

I missed the start of a news broadcast yesterday as I was driving home (not sure which radio channel) but I heard the words “appalling”, “despicable”, “disgusting” and widespread condemnation by Irish politicians with MEP Sean Kelly wading in as well. I thought to myself “My God what is Vladimir Putin after doing now”. Turns out Russian forces had bombed a shopping mall as it happened but they were all referring to Tiernan Kelly and the eye gouging incident. The reporting of the latter was blasé and matter of fact by comparison.

1 Like

Appalling
Despicable
Disgusting

All words I would agree with re that incident.

Joe Brolly is out of control himself. He’d want to relax a bit.

2 Likes

We had a poster on defending the actions of both Putin and Tiernan Kelly yesterday.

Oisin speaks. He hasn’t done all that’s expected of him either. He should have publicly apologised

As much as Armagh want to distance themselves from it, they’re still you know linked with it and you can’t defend it so get out in front of it absolutely but I think the GAA will make a huge example out of him.

When asked about what sort of ban he can see Tiernan Kelly getting, McConville said “it could be six months”.

McConville also said that Kelly is aware of the mistake he made and that he has already contacted the Galway team to apologise about the incident.

He’s still a young lad like that’s the thing I keep coming back to, we’ve all made mistakes. It’s the heat of the moment, it’s a mistake. He needs to learn his lesson and I don’t know what the best way for us to do that is, but certainly he needs to be banned there’s no point saying anything different.

I’d still worry for him as a young lad, I know what’s happened since you know he’s done everything that’s expected of him. He’s made contact with Galway. He’s absolutely devastated and all them things but again I’m not excusing it, there’s absolutely no excusing it.

I think his reaction is the right reaction rather than burying his head in the sand so he deserves some sort of credit for that but what he done unfortunately whether it be heat of the moment or not like you said it’s indefensible.

Without clicking into this, can anyone tell me who perhaps wrote it?

You’ll be shocked…

Relax lads. Headquarters wont do anything to suit a nordie team in the semifinal.