All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

I’d say it’s much better than tinder for meeting people.

1 Like

Rugby peaked about 10 years I reckon. The Andy Farrell era doesn’t seem to be attracting anywhere near as much attention as when we had BOD, ROG and POC in their prime or the Joe Schmidt era. The Munster rugby bandwagon is a pale shadow of what it was in 2008.

1 Like

Everything appears to have peaked x amount of years ago.

If the gaa was done right it would be absolutely incredible unfortunately it’s being run into the ground.

I was down in the field the other evening watching the U-16 girls where a granddaughter was performing nobly. Halfway through the 2nd she cunningly found herself close to me on the sideline….
What time is it Grandad.
Quarter to nine pet….

Megan (roars), it’s a quarter to nine we’ll miss the start of Love Island……
Slides over on a solo and picks out a team mate.

Grandad, ring Mammy and tell her to record Love Island.

There wasn’t a Christian in the field at 9.15.

9 Likes

Mad one of the oldest posters on here is more aware than most.

The total lack of interest in gaa is astonishing nowadays.

1 Like

There was never a drink ban in my GAA club when I played, just common sense. Seems to be fairly common apart from a few outliers in terms of managers and the lads who won’t even put gravy on their Christmas dinner but they are beyond sense

Has she not got skygo?

Two words. Pay television.

2 Likes

Funnily enough i was too young to drink when, as a sprightly and undaunted fif… ( @anon67715551 , take over from me …)

1 Like

Lads persuading me that your mob will (it varies from slaughter to a couple of points) qualify for the AIF at the expense of Galway on Saturday. Does this bullishness tally with reports on the ground?

There are no reports on the ground. Nobody’s saying nothing so they’re not.

Granda got her the IPTV. The chape wan

Whatever about GAA. Rugby has finally eaten itself.
Very hard to survive when ravaged by both sides.
Side 1) Media buyers creaming themselves with the Land Rover buying ABC1+ eyeballs. We want games 13 months of the year.
Side 2) Rules rules rules rules. More introduced for the perception of the game among the people from side 1, and to reflect the societal perceptions of Rugby fans and offer an idea of control and reflect schools etc.
Side 3) Nobody likes rugby in reality. Stories of Rugby are always stories of drink to paraphrase Declan Lynch.

C’mon Kilkenny.

3 Likes

I’m amazed people think con is a bigger miss for Dublin than Clifford for Kerry.

Kerry have zero chance without Clifford and there’s surely a chance Dublin win without con.

Derry are the story. They won’t be beaten.

Galway put 4 goals past them in Owenbeg. I’d be shocked if Derry can keep it within 6 points

3 Likes

Tyrone/Kerry. Killarney (or possibly Tralee last year). League don’t matter.

Nobody can touch Derry, they’re the best team of the 4.

People are saying this Derry team are the greatest team never to win an All Ireland

I hear your cynicism but Derry people are closer to God than we are.

A Derry red card in nailed on here. They can thank their Ulster brethern for it