All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Have we an official list of Derry backers here?

@glenshane @Aertel220 @Cheasty ? Has anyone else been in since the start?

I first bought into the project watching Glen in the Ulster Club last year. Glass, Bradley and Doherty were most impressive. Although they didnt win Ulster, they won the hearts and minds.

Then what rubberstamped it for me was watching Slaughtneil up close in the Club Hurling semi final. The McKaigues and Shane McGuigan timbering the fuck out of Pauric Mahony and Dessie Hutchinson was something else. Brendan Rogers up front tearing the Ballygunner backline a new one. Their athleticism and mentality was unreal.

I remember coming away thinking these boys are granite.

They have been absolutely military like all year. They remind me a bit of Jogi Loew’s Germany at the 2014 Association Football World Cup.

I saw Galway play Armagh last week and they are a fine team. Finnerty and these fellas are great players but theres only going to be one winner here. Derry by about 10 points. Apologies @Lazarus

3 Likes

People are saying this Derry team have reinvented football

2 Likes

In since the league

8 Likes

The 5 man full forward line is ingenious

It is. 2 of them can even take a score

1 Like

I’m going for Derry and Kerry to both win by 2. There’s a lovely unknown about this Derry team in that we still don’t have a clear gauge as to how good they are. That 4-11 to 0-12 defeat to Galway in the league when they lowered the blade still niggles a bit. Might be slightly short of scores if Shane McGuigan and veteran Benny Heron get shut down but Rory has them so well drilled at this stage that he’s probably predicted every eventuality. They have the All-Ireland minors of 2020 to filter in too to sustain this progress.

They really put a marker down against the Clare footballers

1 Like

The sky is the limit for Derry.

Glass is probably going to be the greatest midfielder of all time.

Derry will be a great team. Its a pity they found themselves on the wrong side of the draw this time

1 Like

The Derry/Kilkenny double bet is tantalising.

27.5/1.

No man called Chrissy McKaigue will be left found wanting for an All Ireland medal of they have to do it.

It would be refreshing for the winner to come from that side of the draw.

Galway will win this they might be vulnerable at the back but they have 6 scoring forwards I’d give give them a right chance against either Kerry or Dublin in the final

1 Like

Will the all Ireland final be the Sunday before the Galway races ?

@Lazarus will make some money

I just hope this new Derry side can do the great Eamonn Colemans Derry teams justice. The new bandwagoners might not know who he is but he was one of the greatest men that ever got involved with Gaelic Football. Beloved by all four corners of Ireland

4 Likes

Some week in store

1 Like

I fancy Galway by 2 and Kerry by 6.

Given my predictions record this year that means it’s a slam dunk for Derry-Dublin final.

That inside forward line of Finnerty, Comer and Walsh is something else. Grand mix of panache and physicality. Mad to think Shane Walsh is 29 already. Big chance for him to fully showcase his repertoire of skills in HQ.

2 Likes

This is absolutely iconic.

4 Likes

Dublin will bate Kerry