All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

I’d expect Glen to win Ulster this year and set up a showdown with Corofin in an AI Club Semi Final (the de-facto final)

A win for Glen there will breed new confidence into the Derry set up.

Theyll get a cut off Dublin in Division 2 next year at least once which will bring them on another bit.

1 Like

Not a hope.

Was set to football for that Barry Nash point in the 2013 minor semi-final wasn’t it?

What an Oooft

1 Like

Galway in an All Ireland final is exactly what Gaelic Football needs. Hope the Galway crew here are having a night of it.

2 Likes

At least Tyrone 2017 were up against peak Dublin.

Fuck knows what happened Kerry against Meath - and it was an appalling performance - but it was an aberration. Most of that team had already won two All-Irelands. It was a period when hunger was the defining factor in such matches and reigning All-Ireland champions tended to exit meekly. And they were up against the hardest team of the time.

Cork turned in a couple of dreadfully limp semi-final performances against Kerry but again they were up against a great team.

I think Mayo 1992 against Donegal is underrated as a terrible performance because they somehow only lost 0-13 to 0-9. However my main recollections of that were Donegal hitting 18 wides, many of them almost performatively bad, and Mayo’s almost total paucity of ambition.

Derry 1998 against Galway is underrated as a terrible performance too. They were abysmal. But they were worse today.

Meath against Cork in '07 might be a contender but Cork were warmish favourites going into that.

All things considered, especially after Derry had taken a 3-0 lead, in a match that had been considered very close to call beforehand, their performance from then on was as meek, unambitious and just plain dreadful as anything I’ve ever seen in an All-Ireland semi-final.

1 Like

The whole forum is behind Galway now :clap:

5 Likes

I’m currently ordering a Galway jersey on the O’ Neill’s website.

3 Likes

I’ve the home and away one ordered.

5 Likes

RIP con

I didn’t realise The Beast is only 28 and was a mere 19 year old for the under 21 All Ireland winning campaign of 2013.

Am I correct in saying that Baysht didn’t play minor for Galway? Some turnaround in a short space of time.

A dual county like Cork but is it a case that one half of the county couldn’t care less about one code.

No proper historic dual clubs in Galway like St. Finbarr’s in Cork or St. Vincent’s in Dublin.

Its the same in cork though? I asked the auld Galway fella beside me at the hurling would he be back up next weekend for the football. No I’m hurling. And that was the end of that

Twas indeed

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

4 Likes

FOTY in waiting

1 Like

The biggest hypocrite on the fucking board

The furious worldwide culture wars we now all experience originate in the GAA.

Burn the hurls.

Bursht the footballs.