All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Iconic stuff from Roy

3 Likes

:clap::clap:

I was at the Drom game. Better team won

They had the stream on an ipad. Disappointed people.

Should have done like Kerry in 2019 drawn game when David Moran put a man on his shoulders for Rocks late free.

I remember seeing a piece on the RTE sports bulletin in the winter of 2011/12 after Dublin ended the 16 year famine. They mentioned the overarching aim for Dublin football from then on was to win one all-Ireland every 3 years. Dessie Farrell has now achieved that aim.

2 Likes

McCarthy was phenomenal in the second half, unreal leadership.

1 Like

A very good game, but not a classic. The better team won, although you couldn’t help feeling that Dublin may just have had the edge had it gone to ET

Paddy Neilan did a decent job on it too.

A monkey throwing faeces wold have been more entertaining compared to yesterday’s fare, but I feel the final is a 50/50 game.

The way it should be.

1 Like

Final is 70-30 Kerry. Having a 30 per cent chance in an All Ireland isn’t a terrible place to be.

The abbeyfeale double is still on.

Galway will have nothing to fear though. Dublin created plenty chances

I didn’t but wasn’t he lucky there was a free awarded that relieved him of the onerous task of attempting the 35 yd shot himself. He’d possibly have gotten it though. He’s no Paul Mannion just the same.

Kerry probably just deserved it but its hard to get away from the fact that they are very mentally fragile and seem to find a way to throw games away in what completely goes against the grain of what Kerry have traditionally been about. David Moran embodies that. Marvellous footballer but with game on the line he is not very clutch. This should give Galway great hope that they can pull off an upset. Kerry might suffer from their own hubris thinking the hard work is done and the dragon has been slayed but alas it is not Mayo that is waiting for them. Dublin went out on their shields. Fitzsimons was immense and drove out of defense and provided much needed momentum for Dublin in the 2nd half. Always worth giving a fella 5 mins after half time to figure it out or find a way. Kilkenny and McCarthy are Rolls Royce of footballers. McCarthy particularly probably would earn a place on any all time best 15.

Galway have plenty about them to cause Kerry problems. In Walsh and Comer they have a duo that can go toe to toe with Clifford and O Shea. They will ask Kerry plenty in midfield. I would like to see more from Heaney and Finnerty. The game mightnt be won by the superstars and instead it is often one of marginal players that steps up. Do Galway have someone to sacrifice themselves for the team and stop Tom O Sullivan bombing forward. Kick out retention by Kerry must be up around 90%. Cannot afford likes of Gavin White and O Sullivan to be running at them. Let Stephen O Brien and Dara Moynihan try to beat you instead. When Galway pushed up on Derry yesterday they wiped them out. They will have to do plenty of that against Kerry. It is a great final pairing and I give a marginal vote to Galway on the basis that Kelly gives a motm display on Clifford and Comer has a day on Jason Foley.

12 Likes

When you think about it Dublin could have had Con, Mannion and McCaffrey out there today. Kerry got jittery when they build up a sizeable lead. Galway will take encouragement from that Kerry performance. Albeit you feel Jack O’ Connor just has the knack of winning all-Irelands.

JOC vindicated for leaving Kildare. I know of Lillywhites supporting Dublin today purely because he was over Kerry.

1 Like

Scores in all Ireland finals. Mikey safe for another year. Would like to see a from play one. Tony mctague has some average!

Kerry I reckon

For all Clifford’s undoubted genius I dont think he’s the fittest. His level of performance dropped completely towards the end even though he did win the last free. His second half wides were classic tired kicks from routine positions for him. Think I’ve seen him going down with cramp in a few other games too.

5 Likes

There was a replay in 1972 when he scored 10 points to add to the 6 from the 1st day.
Technically his 22 points comes over 3 games.

3 Likes

Some of them were 80 minute finals i think?

2 Likes

Well that’s just a complete lie.

Jack o Connor seems to be very astute at picking his time to take charge of the Kerry senior football team. It is Always when the opposition are rebuilding or a little windy.

I guess life is all about timing.

3 Likes