All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Why would you give such importance to Armagh and Tyrones victories when it could be argued Meaths hammering of them in the 2001 semi-final really set the ball rolling?

2 Likes

The Seanie O Se kick was wide. Take another look, didn’t get the curl

Great winning point but christ gaelic football is fucking putrid to watch, even between the best teams. I have a hard time thinking of a worse sport as a spectacle.

1 Like

I know his mother very well. A lady to her toes. A genuinely lovely person.

Exhibit A

1 Like

Shan Flan esque

His da is from Leitrim?

He’s not actually but has various familial ties to Leitrim. There are a number of Kilkenny families in the county and folklore says that the crowd who settled here drove the weaker passengers further West hence a few of them settled in the Ballymacward area.
Another historical expert tells me that Purcell was a 1st cousin of Kilkenny’s father.
Possibly another apocryphal tale.

2 Likes

In totally unrelated news, Liam Óg McGovern’s da is from Leitrim as well… but ya probably already knew that.

1 Like

Anybody have the video from somebody’s camera phone where you could hear the crowd go silent as Seanie o shea kicked the ball?

It was on twitter yesterday

Any video ive seen there’s far from silence. Lots of Clare fans must have snuck in wearing Dub shirts… Loads of booing and whistling.

2 Likes

There was on savage one just as the ball was kicked

Haven’t seen it

Simply incredible

6 Likes

Was wondering who the lad in the Celtic top was on Saturday alright.

Feargal is good people

2 Likes

Fucking gobshite looking at it through his phone.

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s absolutely remarkable

1 Like