All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

He’d have made it from another ten yards further out.

1 Like

You’d wonder what the keeper was at trying to take the ball off him

Trick is not trying to kick it too hard.

2 Likes

Whike also making sure to kick it hard enough?

Ya it’s easy say he’d have gotten it from ten yards further out but if he increased speed anymore it would probably end up anywhere. You’d often see it in rugby. Fellas easily clear the goals on the halfway line but when they go back further they break from technique.

I must say I got great enjoyment seeing Johnny Cooper’s head at the final whistle

Correct. But you only go so fast as your technique will allow you. He’ll have practiced that kick 100s of times so he would have known how much force he could put through the boot.

1 Like

Have heard it mentioned before a few times that players would make much greater distances in match situations with adrenaline up than they would on training field. Must be hard to stick to your technique and know your range in that situation, do you have to just trust that it will go a bit further than normal? Canning has said a few times that he tried to hit the free too hard in 2018.

Unreal commentary from @South_Limerick_Refer here

6 Likes

Fergal has come a long way from the days of big cardboard posters outside various village boozers
“Live music tonight - Dromod’s own Feargal McGill”. He’s as sound as a brown trout is Ferg.

His father was a Donegal man who rocked up here ages ago. A big influence in the development of Bórd na n’Óg, the Dromod reporter for the Observer, county co-ordinator for Scór etc.,

Black cats have black kittens etc.,

4 Likes

Who?

His father played the organ at Mass I believe also,

Fergal is indeed sound. He trained us at underage when we were just starting it up. Lovely way about him.

3 Likes

He put a fair amount of welly into it all the same if you look at his face. An iconic moment in Irish sport.

Top ten gaa winning/clutch last gasp scores easily.

Darby
Cluxton
Big Joe v tipp
Rock v mayo

What else?

1 Like

Domhnall O’Donovan

4 Likes

Maurice Fitz against the Duds

4 Likes

Kevin foley

1 Like

Tony Kelly v Limerick

1 Like

It was an iconic moment but Rian O’Neill’s equaliser against Galway tops it.

Ciaran carey

1 Like

I can’t believe you’re wrong twice in a week

3 Likes