All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Yep it is unfortunately as it was let go to shite. But a much better venue and more assesable too.

1 Like

Tis, the place in not in good shape at all. The surface is very poor as well imo.

There’s a committee trying to improve the facilities, and good luck to them, but it’s a good off hosting a Galway Championship game as it is at the moment.

1 Like

Roscommon pretty much always do better against Galway at a Galway venue.

Roscommon beat Galway in Galway in 1988, 2017 and 2019 and won in Tuam in 2001. Roscommon drew in Tuam in 1998 and drew in Galway in 2016. 2003 is about the only one I recall bucking the trend.

Galway pretty much always win in Roscommon and have won twice against Roscommon in Castlebar in 2001 and 2016.

I don’t think Roscommon have won against Galway in Roscommon since 1990.

1 Like

Kirwan is a bit too greedy at times

A bizarre record. Off the top of my head, I think you’re right.

Ros should have won in 1998 as well. The ‘fancy dans’ nearly got caught against a typically belligerent Roscommon team. I was there that day, it made a biblical shower of rain in the second half, Neil Finnegan kept his nerve with a late free and the rest is history.

He’s only young - he was main man for naas so understandable

If Kildare win Leinster and Derry win Ulster I will then truly start to believe that the stars are beginning to align again.

1 Like

Salthill is the spiritual heartland of Galway GAA

In what way? Anytime i am there even they Galway fans give out about it

Sunshine supporters

Any Galway fan who goes to that bottle neck regularly is no sunshine supporter. Its a days work get in and out of the place

Bare, windswept and lonely. Agreed

1 Like

Derry played Donegal in the Ulster final that day.

That double bill is repeated on Sunday for the first time since 1998.

1 Like

Didn’t realise that.

Am I right in saying that it was a Meath v Kildare Leinster final that year? I think I remember Kildare winning Leinster with a late goal in to the hill. Watched it in a pub in Westport after climbing the reek.

Yes. Brian Murphy got a late goal followed by a Kildare supporter beside that camera they used have in the front row of the upper Hogan Stand nearly splitting his crotch in celebration as he jabbed his finger furiously.

1 Like

Did you just rehash your post from the league final?

1 Like

Is @myboyblue persisting with the phony Kildare support shtick?

I’d have huge time for some of the men in that Kildare backroom team. I’d love to see Dublin’s grip on Leinster broken and they’re the best hope we have. The enemy of my enemy is my Friend.

Up yer fucking hole

Dublin at 5/2 is the bet of the season. Get on it before 5pm

2 Likes

No, I’m following the money. They obliged the last day and will again possibly. We’ll see. Fuck PP…

1 Like