All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

This is a very nasty attempt to dox someone

1 Like

You can stumble across lads arguing like dogs about absolutely anything on TFK.

5 Likes

I didn’t say it was and you’re wrong again.

Anyway, winning a Bob Radcliffe Cup is a big deal, people know about when you’ve won one so I feel this is a bit of an attempt to unmask me.

1 Like

Why? You have firm dates for club championship matches. You have club league matches in between. You have a calendar of guaranteed matches.

Not at all.

The even argue about dogs at times

1 Like

Especially in Tyrone.

1 Like

Why don’t we do it the other way around with months between intercounty Championship games?

The new club system is the best it’s ever been. The 2 seasons needed to be separated

1 Like

We’re well used to 4 and 5 and 6 week breaks between inter-county championship matches.

They seem to me to be the wrong way around.

It’s much of a muchness to me but I would’ve thought an intercounty GAA fan would prefer their showpiece to be in summer?

How about round 1 of the qualifiers at the start of May followed by round 2 in mid June?

I’d be quite happy with a July to October time frame for the inter-county championships. To me it makes much more sense to schedule your showpiece competitions in a timeframe where there is a lull in the general sporting landscape and you have the media attention all to yourself, rather than have them go head to head with World Cups, Euros and the latter stages of the English club association football season.

I also think it makes a lot more sense to have club championships act as effective trials for county teams. Like if a player shows up well in the club championships they can break into the county team for the following inter-county championship.

When would you play the All Ireland Club and would you play a National League in January?

Club Championships as it stands are a bit of a trial for the following year’s Intercounty.

How about something like this based on club/county windows? With more central organisation in terms of fixture making.

Based on a 2021 calendar.

Feb 7 NFL 1/NHL 1
Feb 14 NFL 2/NHL 2
Feb 21 NFL 3/NHL 3
Feb 28 NFL 4
Mar 7 NHL 4
Mar 14 NFL 5/NHL 5
Mar 21 NFL 6/NHL 6
Mar 28 NFL 7
Apr 4 NFL FINAL/NHL 7
Apr 11 NHL FINAL
Apr 18 Club Football Matchday 1
Apr 25 Club Hurling Matchday 1
May 2 Club Football Matchday 2
May 9 Club Hurling Matchday 2
May 16 Football Provincial Prelims
May 23 Hurling Provincial Round Robin 1/Football Provincial Quarter-Finals
May 30 Hurling Provincial 2/Football Provincial Quarter-Finals
Jun 6 Club Football Matchday 3
Jun 9 (Midweek) Club Hurling Matchday 3
Jun 13 Club Football Matchday 4
Jun 20 Hurling Provincial 3/Football Provincial Semi-Finals/Football Qualifiers 1
Jun 27 Hurling Provincial 4/Football Provincial Semi-Finals
Jul 4 Hurling Provincial 5
Jul 11 Football Provincial Finals/Football Qualifiers 2
Jul 18 Hurling Provincial Finals/Football Provincial Finals/ Football Qualifiers 3
Jul 25 Club Hurling Matchday 4
Jul 28 (Midweek) Club Football Matchday 5
August 1 Club Hurling Matchday 5
August 8 All-Ireland Hurling Quarter-Finals /Football Qualifiers 4
August 15 All-Ireland Football Quarter-Finals
August 22 All-Ireland Hurling Semi-Finals
August 29 All-Ireland Football Semi-Finals
September 5 All-Ireland Hurling Final (replay September 18)
September 12 All-Ireland Football Final (replay September 19)
September 26 Club Hurling Matchday 6
October 3 Club Football Matchday 6
October 10 Club Hurling Matchday 7
October 17 Club Football Matchday 7
October 24 Provincial Club Prelims/Q/Fs
October 31 Provincial Club Q/F or S/F
November 7 Provincial Club Q/F OR S/F
November 14 Provincial Club Finals or S/F
November 21 Provincial Club Finals
December 5 All-Ireland Club Semi-Finals
December 19 All-Ireland Club Finals

No Inter County Manager will stop training for 4 weeks in Late April/Early May to allow clubs get a fair crack at it.

You’ll have a Mick Ryan in Tipp debacle where he organised training on the Saturday morning of a Club weekend in 2016 which nearly cost a few clubs and lead to serious resentment around the county.

Already a club window in April up to the pandemic. The biggest joke was teams playing two matches in the Dublin club championship round robins in April and then waiting until late September to play the third one.

The wings of managers need to be clipped.

Would have positive knock on effects for the inter county game too.

I probably would have been happy enough with something like that a few years ago as the split season only came in due to Covid but I think the split season is best and would hate to go back to anything like that

Would be a good idea if county managers could be reined in plus would top county players want to play for their clubs 2 weeks before all ireland semi finals etc? Doubt it.