All Ireland Football Final 2024

Nearly all of the pre-publicity photos have Armagh wearing their all-black strip. Will they appear in it today, I wonder?

Was Micko that legendary as a player though?

What I mean is that if you were to list a top 5, maybe top 3 of Galway and Armagh footballers of all time Joyce and McGeeney would both be in them. Both were front and centre of each county’s last All-Ireland wins, in back to back years. Joyce Man Of The Match in 2001 and McGeeney captain in 2002.

I doubt Micko would be top 30 in a list of legendary Kerry players and is far and away remembered for his managerial exploits over his playing career.

If that is the case then yes.

Savage atmosphere along Drumcondra, queues for food, queues for drink and the sun belting down.

7 Likes

Was a full back all through underage for Galway. Plays at 6 for the club. Gifted musician and singer.

I was chatting to a lad from Tynagh this morning and he had the Galway colours on. Asked him was he going to the match. He said he declined the offer of a ticket as he wasn’t sure what shape the ball was.

2 Likes

There’s a small shop with an off licence the far side of Fagans. Sitting around the Tolka pre/post game with a few bottles on a sunny day is class.

3 Likes

Derwin’s. I used to live on that terrace 20 years ago and the fellas in the shop were mad hurling people, great sorts. Pallets of Dutch Gold sold from there back then.

1 Like

We were neighbours so.
Lived on botanic avenue 05 - 08.

1 Like

I was shortly before that. A very sound landlord from The Neale in Mayo used to give discounted accommodation to GAA ‘stars’, £30 a week when I started and €45 when the change in currency came in.

1 Like

Tomas and Lee look like they are going to a days teaching

I hsd an aunt whose front door brought you out to Iona Villas where you’d grt the 19/19a. Out the back gate would lead you out on to Botanic Avenue, down to Fagans for the 16/16a. Handy for Croker too.

Graham Geraghty has Turkey teeth.

1 Like

And a spare room sun tan

1 Like

The chat between McGeeney and Csnavan was very enjoyable there. Mcgeeney is a fascinating character

2 Likes

He’s a bollox.

1 Like

Nervous now

Poor old Michael D has gone very bad on the legs. Did well to get through the formalities

He delayed the start of the hurling.