All Ireland Football Final 2024

He did, against Armagh the last game

Finnerty loss was a killer. Even just for frees

2 Likes

Surely had another free taker somewhere

Agreed again. I dont think it was fear though. I think they were genuinely waiting for the chance, knowing they would work the opportunity. They did. He should have scored.

2 Likes

He’s one of smallies relations :blush:

1 Like

He tried to throw the team up on his back. Only one with a bit of drive towards the goal

Armagh hungrier

C Corkery was an artist

1 Like

Remarkable it’s only their second all Ireland ever. Great to see a few different names on the trophy

2 Likes

Fuck it the number of times they turned back was ball breaking.

Kev is making a fool of himself there.

Mick didn’t contradict himself.

2 Likes

Dont remember him doing too much in Croke Park

1 Like

They were. Oisin McConville said on BBC punditry that Armagh’s need was just greater today and they had to win. Possibly an element there of acknowledging that maybe not the most talented of teams so had to seize the big moment today as one might not come again anytime soon. The team McConville was on didn’t win another one after their first final in 2002 despite having some real generational players.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/leoforde/status/1817612634998329723?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like

Don’t remember half the best players in the land doing much up there either,curse of being a star in a mediocre team,
Look at Pat Horgan,lots like him all over the land that’ll never get a winning medal

I’ll riot if Kyle Hayes doesn’t make the TOTY.

1 Like

Surely Walsh had to go for that sideline at the end? If thats a 2 pointer he’d take it on. Instead of going backwards for another minute

2 all Ireland medals

@Cheasty I need two lists. One of footballers who have won a medal as a player and manager.

Another of players who have captained their team to an all Ireland and managed them. Must be a much shorter list.

I have Dooher, McGeeney, Hanahoe, Paidi O, Heffo, McGuinness

1 Like