All Ireland Football Final 2024

Galway attacked like cowards and if it wasn’t for a choke would have won it.

Ordinarily lads shouldn’t be criticised too much on the internet but any lad that abandons his club is fair game.

1 Like

Agreed in a way. But also, fuck that. Finals are for winning. Very few of any sport turn out to be classics. Armagh looked like their scores were coming way easier intil they actually scored their goal, then they tried to just shut it down, but at least they went for goal. Id say many finals over the years ended up similarly.

That’s as big of a bottle job in an All Ireland this side of Mayo. Sad to see.

1 Like

Ulster teams have a good record in modern times of seizing the moment and coming along and winning a final at the first time of asking - Down 1991, Donegal 1992, Derry 1993, Armagh 2002, Tyrone 2003, Donegal 2012, Armagh 2024.

Think it’s 11 wins and 5 final defeats for Ulster since 1991. One of those defeats was Armagh in all Ulster final in 2003.

The Connacht record on the big day is just chronic. Galway have lost 7 out of 9 finals since brining up 3 in a row in 1966. Mayo have lost their last 11 finals. Even Roscommon have lost their last 3.

1 Like

Tyrone 21 too

The experts think Soupy Campbell was going for a fisted point but under hit it allowing McKay to fist it in from the square. Thats what it looked like to me in real time too.

2 Likes

True, if you are a bit picky about it a lot of those Tyrone 2021 winners lost to Dublin in 2018 but that was a Dublin team at the peak of their powers brining up 4 in a row and was an unwinnable game for Tyrone. When opportunity properly presented itself for Tyrone in 2021 against a more favoured Mayo team, they seized it.

https://twitter.com/pukefootballpod/status/1817625430527992235?s=46

They won division 1,2
And 3 in the league as well.

No Ulster team in division 4.

4 Likes

Laois the only team to stop the sweep. Be great if a few of ye cunts tried give us a hand.

2 Likes

No wonder lads are clamouring for a rule change

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1817638655348859127?t=1jszp1xBJ2EEGSvYHsa_zA&s=19

He says he meant it… kind of anyway

2 Likes

Kerry have lost that ability to win easy all Irelands too. Since 02 they’ve lost lots of winnable games particularly against the Ulster sides.

1 Like

Fair play to the full back running the length of the field just to watch soupys point go over the bar so.

Indeed but 2-3 minutes of lateral passing in an invasion game is boring. Kills the atmosphere too.

Galway’s fear in breaking tackles in the last few minutes was dreadful.

https://twitter.com/movementcoachkm/status/1817580091171549461?t=0ApHPdokW588D0xLbMgYkQ&s=19

Not unreasonable from Mick there. It’s boring.

4 Likes

The misses don’t look any better on the Sunday game :see_no_evil:

If you’d told me beforehand today that the target for Galway to surpass to win was 1-11, I’d have been surprised with the forward talent they have in their ranks for them not to win.

I watch very little football now and know next to nothing about that Armagh team. They were very well drilled today, organised defensively and it was a classic example of a team that just weren’t going to be beaten. They showed more adventure than Galway when they did come forward and kicked some good scores. I felt 10 minutes in that Galway looked tentative and Armagh looked confident.

I do enjoy the psychological warfare of a dour arm wrestle in any sport and I did find it grimly compelling in that way. On the other hand, as a very sporadic and casual watcher of Gaelic football now, I felt it was an appalling spectacle. I won’t be rushing back to watch another game before next years All Ireland Final.

4 Likes

Ya Mick’s point is very fair, but typical Kev at the same time.

You hate to see Cork fellas attacking each other.

Mick is alright