All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

Basquil was even more influential looking back on the highlights here.

2 Likes

Howard ran the show lads

1 Like

Mannion was the real leader today along with Cluxton. He scored some super points

1 Like

Went off too early I’d say

Tomas in agreement with me that it as a backs day. Astute.

He gave a colossal performance while he was on

1 Like

A real breakout year for him. Became a key cog. If you can have a breakout year at 27 :joy:

Yeah. Maybe he missed a couple too but he was right to go for them. Thats what you want from the guy with the hot hand. Conditions definitely had an impact when it came to shooting today and his performance in that context was sublime

1 Like

Possibly yeah, I think the two Cliffords will always kind of take on a lot though no matter who is there.

They aren’t getting near enough out of Sean O’Se. Geaney has the class but is getting on. I’d say Spillane will start next year.

John Small went for a ball today with morley and it was as brave an act as I’ve seen on a sporting field

2 Likes

Did Fick Mitz start all 9 finals he won? I presume the other two did.
Who is on 8 medals now? Kilkenny maybe the only one with jack Mc and mannion going walkabout I’d say they have 7 along with Fenton, Costello

Will the three of them go now? Along with Rock.

Will Jack Mac stay around?

How many more will go I wonder. Could lose 5 or 6 key players.

Will Dessie stay? Might be a good time to bow out

I’d say a lot of Leinster counties are smiling away to themselves tonight. Ridiculed for years for not being able to compete with an extraordinary Dublin side, now the rest of the country have allowed a far from vintage Dublin outfit win a handy AI.

IMG_2868

A long year

2 Likes

I don’t get the impression Jacker is in love with it.

Paddy Andrews said the lads had all come back for McCarthy as captain. Out of respect for him.

If so perhaps it was a one and done job for Jack

1 Like

He made a few awful decisions when he came on

1 Like

I think you’ll find I did, the quality of the tackling was ex can

Players were carrying into contact and didn’t have a hop to bail them out due to the greasy surface.

Ever kick a ball in wet weather? There’s less grip from boot to ball.

That’s my two cents.

1 Like

I think pace was a massive part of his game and that realzip is probably gone out of him.

Cora just said exact opposite on TSG🤣

I thought he was half the player he used be