All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

He damn near butchered the goal too.

Paudie Clifford was by far Kerrys best man going forward. Foley is a tremendous back.

1 Like

One incident at a key time in the game. Was when Clifford and Fitzsimmons were both booked. Two of them wrestling fair enough, but Kerry were in possession on the 40.
A throw in was given then, which seemed to penalize Kerry more, for the 50/50 incident. Kerry lost the throw in and it was a big boost for Dublin.

Could he have allowed Kerry possession and come back for that later? Should it have restarted with an indirect free kick for Kerry?

3 Likes

Where are all the winning minor teams gone ?

Thats a straight red and he was already after one or two borderline yellow offences.

3 Likes

Was the throw up on the Dublin 21?

It was a funny one. Gough stopped play for the off the ball in favour of Kerry but the umpire advised he overturn it which he did,

1 Like

It is a funny one as I never know is it who had the best year or who is the best player in the country?

If it is the latter, Clifford should walk it.

I know from Rugby and Boxing, they always give it to the lad who had the best year, and I think football and hurling veer that way as well usually.

Soccer, it seemed to always be Messi or Ronaldo as they were consensus best player, even when others were superior in that year.

I hope Clifford gets it, because in totality I think he was the best player I saw this year and wasn’t a mile off today.

Cluxton should get MOTM, but I don’t think he likes rozettes and I wouldn’t want to see the interview.

Kerry look to be a top wingback and a top midfielder away. The bust themselves today and got on loads of breaking ball but Dublin lorded the skies.

Congratulations to @binkybarnes and all the other true blue dubs. Thought ye just about deserved it. It was all the better for not having the relentless inevitability about it. I thought it was a fine game of football. Compelling. Wanted Kerry but Dublin were better on the day. Two good sides.

3 Likes

McCarthy set the tone today to which all the other Dublin players were expected to match. He’s a force of nature and when Dublin needed to get nasty he lead the way. FOTY.

1 Like

Just looking at the match again here.

The Dublin goal was a huge moment. Kerry well up at the time and between Whyte’s fuck up and the deflection it was s big moment.

It was a great dispossession by Basquiel

Some shite going around that Fitzsimons gave a display for the ages. Clifford missed all around him

7 Likes

Long standing issues with his hamstrings

2 Likes

There is more shite talked about all Ireland finals than pretty much anything else.

He’ll get MOTM and no one will begrudge him but the more astute observers of the game are in full accord that Mannion was the real difference today

4 Likes

Munster finals

Them too, but not as bad.

Need 2 or 3 more forwards as well

Kerry got what they’re deserved for letting a Tyrone man into the henhouse

1 Like