All Ireland football semi final Kerry v Mayo

this place obviously is a hurling stronghold when you have to start this thread 3 days before the game…
Hard game to call … da Kerry boys are very confident…expect Kerry to go at Mayo the exact same way they went at Dubs last year…except retreat back into a shell if they get a similar lead up this time…Donncha walsh will try to put mayo half back on back foot like he did mccaffrey last year… Hope for Mayo’s sake they have a plan for James O Donoghue as if he is stopped or even made to work for possession Kerry are goosed…O Donoghue is an undoubted class act but I don’t think there is a footballer in Ireland who has got a better supply of ball …Would be interesting to see him having to fight for 50/50 ball or trying to manoevre with a man dropped back in front of him…Its high time Horan and Mayo thought about the opposition a bit more…they have waltzed into the latter stages each year and seemed to think its all about them and each time they have got caught by a bad match up or lack of tactics…
if Mayo can stop Kerry getting off to a good start I think they will win by 4+ points…

prediction
Kerry 3-17
Mayo 2-8

score after 15 minutes

Kerry 2-04
Mayo 0-01

It could be just that there is no one from Kerry or mayo on here or else they don’t have the Internet down there. :slight_smile:

Hard one to call. I see this as mayo’s last chance to win an all Ireland and based on that I think mayo will just shade it.

Kerry to win, hopefully they do anyway. The last two years were hairy enough thinking that those cunts might actually win it.

I want to see Kerry win this. Mayo have turned into cunts.:frowning:

:clap:

Are you from Joyce country scan?

I will be flying at throw in - what are my options to watch it on the internet and will the Aer Lingus WIFI support a stable connection to the match.

Otherwise I will follow it here on the usual excellent match thread. So please put scores in your informed commentary.

No, from their only neighbours never to win Sam.

Mayo to win this easily, Kerry are been hyped up all over the place,they are a level below Mayo. Mayo half back line will clean up and they will lord midfield. Mayo have too much experience as well. All Mayo have to do is keep Donoughue out of the game and they are in another All Ireland against Dublin.
Lock this thread discussion over.

Declan O’Sullivan left on the bench…

Killian Young as well.

The game’s afoot.

Who was the Kerry fella on that Newstalk Panel this evening?

I’m gonna guess Killian Burns as they tend to have him on a lot and I imagine you’d have recognised any of the usual suspects, Darragh, etc.

They called him Killian anyway- Tomas O Se was on too I think

[QUOTE=“Anto, post: 1004167, member: 1117”]Mayo to win this easily, Kerry are been hyped up all over the place,they are a level below Mayo. Mayo half back line will clean up and they will lord midfield. Mayo have too much experience as well. All Mayo have to do is keep Donoughue out of the game and they are in another All Ireland against Dublin.
Lock this thread discussion over.[/QUOTE]

Don’t see it like that Anto. Mayo look not to be at the level they were at and struggle for goals. Kerry in a close encounter for me.

heard last week he hurt his hamstring and hadn’t trained much since last game

I’d give you an informative rating only I’m on the app and playing darts against @Protein Sheikh.

We will bate those watery cunts again just as we always do. They shit the pants at the site of the green and gold jersey. There is a perception that Mayo will win midfield and that will be the winning of the match. Well they won’t get much if any change out of Maher and Moran for me. If they don’t double mark O’Donoghue they have no chance. And it’s a double edged sword as by double marking him they’re leaving space in our half forward line for Buckley and Walsh to make hay. I think Buckley has a big game in him and expect it comes on Sunday. Paul Geaney is in good form also.

I’m going to make a brave statement and say mayo are going to win this one well. I must throw in however that I was also concerned for Kerry before their team was named!