All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Yep. They had to do something i suppose

1 Like

A mullet that Tomas Skuhravy would have been proud of.

Rising the ball and striking it was a rare skill back in the day

Sean Tracey solid

Great score by Jamsie.

Galway were gassed.

1 Like

Great score by the tommie larkins man

1 Like

Jamesie O’Connor barely pucked a ball second half til he went midfield and really got going

Has a sport ever improved so much in such a short period of time as hurling?

Hopper had a ‘mare when he came on.

3 Likes

Some very bad wides.

Terrible

You said the provinces were a coldhouse for Galway, they weren’t, Galway withdrew from the Munster Championship because it didn’t suit them.

A perfect summer’s day and most lads can’t strike the ball cleanly

A classic “I’m finished” wide by Michael “Hopper” McGrath there.

4 Likes

As opposed to the more common “I’m shite” variety of wide

And by Jim McInerney.

If he’s still sore about not getting on in the final, he’ll know why if he watched that wide.

Thank God pitch invasions are banned. Sweaty beer breath roasters coming in in their smelly jerseys and Levi Jeans surrounding the players and the players shagged after the game.

A few lads just wearing whatever jersey they wanted. Great to see.

Clare way fitter and hungrier but had more passangers too carried by their stars.

The Hurley’s themselves had a much much smaller bas. The goalkeepers of yesteryears can hit it as far as they can today but the outfield players hurleys have less forgiveness and are losing 30/40 yards. It’s harder for them to trap and control the ball too. Maybe they were designed with more ground hurling in mind. Pointing a 65 was a skill back then. Nowadays it’s a given.

1 Like

The Cusack Stand was built at a diagonal angle to the old Hogan Stand, they were not in alignment. The pitch was in alignment with the old Hogan Stand and not the new Cusack Stand from 1994 to 1999. Near the Canal End, the first row of the Cusack Stand was a long way back from the sideline. This did not change until the Hogan Stand was demolished and the pitch and indeed the entire stadium completed re-alignment.

2 Likes