All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

The Glen had a right scumbag element following them in the 70s. A number of them were arrested at a Munster club game v Mt Sion in Cashel were the Gardai confiscated hatchets and knives off them. Cashel Town council officialy banned their fans from the area.

They must have been disappointed to discover that Mount Sion had no supporters

5 Likes

I think this is peak TNH ??

Glen always had a great support through the years for a city team.

The soon to be moribund eirsport showing the greatest soccer match of all time here. France v West Germany 1982.

1 Like

What a beautiful German kit

Rummenige on now.

This is the one where Schumacher runs out and bursts Battison is it?
Fucker should have got jail. Then the ref winks at him and we’re all friends again.
The useless flutes of Frogs just lay down and let the Huns tickle their bellies.

Klaus Fischer got a great goal for the Gerries in extra time.

Games between the likes of France and Germany back then must have had a great immediacy to them given that ww2 was less than 40 years before. Well within living memory. Would be the equivalent of the mid 80s today.

1 Like

I first realised they were soon to be moribund when I saw they were showing the '07 All Ireland Hurling Final a few weeks back and the message was there scrolling across the bottom of the screen.

They followed it up with the’ 08 All Ireland Hurling Final. It really was like they had thrown in the towel.

Dublin Kerry 1979 on now. Not a great match the football is not entirely different to today’s brand.
Lovely casual assault there by Brian Mullins there on Pet Spillane. Not even a free.

1 Like

Charlie Nelligan had some size of feet.

Fuck me what a point by Spillane with his trademark pageboy haircut.

This was the year the final was brought forward a week because of the visit of Il Papa.

If I have matches off Eir Sport saved to the Sky Box, will I lose them when Eir Sport goes to the wall I will?

You used to with old sky boxes anyway

Jack O Shea. What a player.

1 Like

What will happen the GAA archives when Eir Sport folds

Paidi Se sent off for the most stupid foul I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

I don’t know

I’d happily see the tape of the 2004 Munster hurling burned to the ground but there’s a few great one’s there I’d hate to lose.