All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

The 2004 Munster final was a classic

That it was shown too much and became a joke here doesn’t change that

1 Like

Spurs Big Match special on now @ChairmanDan

1 Like

Who are we playing?

Everyone

Could anybody tell me the last time a team won the all Ireland for the first time where all the squad won their first medal and then successfully defended the title the following year ?

In both hurling and football…

Thank you…

@Cheasty @Big_Dan_Campbell @Malarkey @kerry1891

Cork 1989/1990 in football I’d say. Galway 1987/88 in hurling, although I’m sure they would have had a good few players knocking around from the 1980 success so it probably wouldn’t meet the criteria.

Kilkenny 1992/93 was a new team I’d say after a bit of a famine by their standards.

1 Like

Christy Heffernan and Liam Fennnely at least

1 Like

Yeah before my time but I was thinking there’d have been a bit of crossover there with the 82/83 double. You’d nearly have to go back to Nicky Rackard and Wexford in 1955/1956 for a new team winning a two in a row so.

Meath 87 and 88 i would think

1 Like

Cork 89 and 90 is more recent

Thats true. Didnt read the question properly

I doubt it’s ever been done in hurling bar in the very early days. Wexford in 55 & 56 is probably the last time

One of the Tipp teams who did the two…

Wait, sorry. My bad.

2 Likes

Don’t care if it’s a Kk video, this is class.

5 Likes

Kilkenny people are very odd

2 Likes

Classic :joy:

I’ve been saying that for years, but this is funny!

Great craic there, fantastic :clap:

:musical_note: Yippy Oi Yay…Yippy Oi Yooooo… Tipp and their 1 in a rooooow :musical_note:

1 Like

Kilkenny people are very threatened by Tipperary.

The Kilkenny Tipp rivalry is akin to United and Arsenal. It was once relevant but that’s all in the past now. There’s an new world order.

1 Like