All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

2014 All Ireland hurling drawn game on Eir Sport 2 now

Cork vs Tipp munster hurling final 2000 on EIR this morning. Cracking game.
I like the way they still use the original commentary. Ben O’Connor just got called Ben O’Sullivan.
Phillip Maher and Joe Deane and Shelly and the Rock are having two right battles at either end. Great game. I’d forgotten about Eugene O’Neill he’s doing untold

O’Connor, Deane, McGrath must be the smallest full forward line ever assembled?

Is the the game where Tommy Dunne got 2 cracking goals ?

1 Like

Yeah. The 2nd goal is probably the best goal I’ve ever seen scored in the flesh.

1 Like

Ya he ended up in full forward

Was that the one where Shelley put Rock into row Z?

Or was that hit from John Carroll?

Watching Cork Clare replay 2013 here. For the 3rd goal Shane O Donnell threw the balll up and caught it. Clear foul. Another asterisked All Ireland.

2013 is already the most asterixed all ireland of all time

1 Like

Don’t think it leaves his hand at all. McGrath might have had a dodgy handpass in the run-up to it alright.

It clearly left his hand.

Couldn’t say for sure from that angle. The sliotar is at all times obscured by his hand

Dublin v Tyrone from 05 on now. What a game!

Lapsed poster @sidney would definitely know I’m pretty sure Dublin took two hammerings from Tyrone and Kerry in all Ireland quarter finals around 07/08 maybe. I’m almost certain one of these hammerings clashed with a big hurling game on the same day. Both games were shown live one on rte 1 and one on network 2.

08 and 09. 09 to Kerry was a bank holiday Monday.

08 to Tyrone was the Saturday, Tipp lost to Waterford in All Ireland semi.

There was some very strange scheduling those years. I still don’t know why Kerry v Monaghan was the curtain raiser to Limerick v Waterford in 2007.

1 Like

I vividly remember a big hurling game clashing with a big football game and both were shown live. Didn’t cork play tipp in Killarney one year. I’d love a Munster hurling final in Killarney.

A Dublin v Meath replay clashed with a Cork v Waterford Munster semi final in 2007 I think.

The day Cusack, Gardiner and O’hAlpin were suspended after Semple gate.

Didn’t realise brogan played Centre forward this early In his career

It’s because Dublin had a stand alone quarter-final. Another bill had two quarter-finals together which left one game left over which was shunted onto the hurling semi-final bill. This happened each year between 2006 and 2009.