All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

The high volume of flags were a great addition to the spectacle back then.

there was a lad standing on top of the nally standing waving a down flag and a tricolour in 1991, I was utterly fascinated by him, I was sure he was going to fall off

1 Like

Waterford never got out of 3rd gear.

Bertie there in the crowd.

Was at that, amazes how they let it slip on the big day that followed. That was a fine WD team that may have troubled KK far more than what happened the year after.

Ulster teams have always brought a superior passion for the game.

1 Like

Tony Browne has a great game here.

Is Limerick v offaly 1994 on anytime soon?

didn’t Bernard Flynn kick a load of points in that final?

He gave Brendan McKernan some roasting. That point where he dummied him was a beauty. Probably the best losing performance I’ve seen in a final.

There was one big black mark against him however - he should have goaled that chance with his left foot - he hit it straight at Collins who could barley help but save it.

Even when Down were 11 points ahead the game didn’t feel decided.

I haven’t watched the re-run but my recollection was that he was superb that day. Collins was a big unit in the nets. Flynn was a class player

as good as Flynn was , I d say Canavan in 1995 would beat him for a losing final performance???

Flynn got 0-6, all from play. Canavan hit 0-11 but only one point from play. He was unerring with the frees though.

The 1995 final was a terrible match. 1991 was a classic.

6 pts from play from Flynn was some haul. jez I wonder did any player ever kick so many from play and lose an AIF???

Hey it ended well for Ambrose Rodgers!!

Dublin Meath 4th game here on eirsport. Dublin 4 points up. Cruising.

They’ll see it out from here

1 Like

They’re on top all over The field. Micko thinks they’ll win it.

5 up. Men against boys

This one still gives me a sore hole

As usual the Meath lads gone missing when the going gets tough