All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

I hope you weren’t sneering at lads

Sour grapes?

Absolutely

Those were the day’s .Laois and Louth. Meath and Wicklow. Competitive games all round in Leinster. Ah simpler times.

That Meath forward line, Beggy, Dowd, Rourke, Flynn, Stafford, class players who could cut you to shreds. That Down team, the beauty of a Peter Whitnell,

Derek Duggan’s 1-8 (that goal :heart_eyes: ) in the semi final against Meath. Ah you could go on and on.

Barr shouldn’t have run out towards Beggy. Left a load of space in behind him. Nobody knew who the fuck was marking who after that.

Declan Sheehan should have fucking creamed Martin O’Connell over the sideline. His last act in a Dublin jersey I think.

Football used to be enjoyable back then. 10 or 11 counties fancied winning the All Ireland

The Dubs were in a bad way for a penalty taker back then - Charlie, Barr and Bealin all missed them in big games that were lost

Kerry had their issues in All Ireland finals with them too I know!

Paul Clarke missed one against Louth in '95 as well but Dublin ended up winning comfortably after looking in big trouble early in the second half.

did Bealin miss one in a big match? nearly smashed the crossbar with it??

97 v Meath

I’ve a notion Paddy Christie even missed one against Laois in 1999. Tipped over the crossbar I think. Thankfullly sporting justice was done in the end and Dublin got a draw, winning the replay comfortably.

From Mullins in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1983 up to Connolly against Mayo in 2015 I can barely think of a championship penalty in which Dublin came out on the right side. Opponents always seemed to score them and Dublin always seemed to miss them.

Charlie Redmond nicked one in off the post against Kildare in '94 but that’s about all I can think of.

Finished watching the 2007 Munster Final. In fairness what happened in the All Ireland semi later in the year shouldn’t have been that big a surprise. Limerick matched us for an hour, led at half time after playing into the wind and had missed three or four goal chances. Ollie Moran had Ken McGraths number all day. We really only won it because Justin mugged off Richie by withdrawing Eoin Kelly into the half back line. Kelly then scored a wonder point and Richie then instructed a back to follow Kelly thereby creating an acre of space that left Dan Shanahan to wreak havoc.

It’s no wonder that Richie was so sour after the semi final.

2012 AISFC semi v donegal on last night there on eir,
jesus donegal had cork locked down that day- i think i had about a grand on cork at even money - glory days

Liverpool and Newcastle 95/96 on Sky. I watched this in Harry Byrnes on the night.

1 Like

Great drama.

38 minutes in. 1-2 Newcastle

It’s on now again. Cork can’t get past them at all.

Asprilla was some show pony. What was Keegan thinking?

Some game that Keegan slumped over on the bench after Stans winner

He was a cracking player.