All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

It all went pear shaped after he arrived a few showy goals but went missing more often than not

They they let cattle graze Anfield that year? The pitch is in shit

1 Like

I’m not watching it mate.

Throw it on and answer the question please

‘Tis bad enough alright.

I’ve been watching a bit of Match of the Seventies recently. Anfield actually holds up in comparison to most other pitches which were utterly horrific.

That’s why it’s rare for any team doing well to bring in anyone midway during the season.

If it ain’t broke.

Asprilla was still a cracking player.

1 Like

A hat-trick against a top European team in the Champions League.

Show pony? Yeah right.

1 Like

The pace to this game is insane

Keegan signing autographs at half time?! No wonder they threw it away

2-2 Fowler

Show pony Asprilla puts Newcastle back ahead

1 Like

The Second Captains were talking about the Newcastle Liverpool game the other day and “Miguel” said Asprilla was the best player on the pitch. Any Newcastle player of that era I’ve heard speak about it has said the notion that Asprilla lost them the league was complete nonsense also

He’s been good from what I’ve seen

I remember him at Parma. Newcastle got a gem. But you need to be careful introducing a player as high profile as that into a team that’s flying in the league.

1 Like

3-3 Collymore. Unreal cross from Jason McAteer

That was a brilliant game.

Ferdinand was a very underrated player.

His two headers were immense. Ronaldo-esque.

That was a great Liverpool team. Best footballing team in the league…they were just short on defence.

Agree. Terrific headerer of the ball as well.

He scored 20+ goals that season. Then Shearer joined and Keegan came to Ferdinand and asked if he minded handing over the number 9 jersey. Les left shortly afterwards.