All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

How dare you, @Bandage please issue an infraction to this poster.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

:smile: :smile: :smile:

The 4 in a row chasing Champions leading 0–13 to 0-11 at half time.

Seamie should have buried that. Good save from PJ Ryan but a nice height. Eoin Kelly with a bad wide from the resultant 65.

Red card for Benny Dunne. Filthy stroke.

Best game of hurling ever

Kilkenny even though they were on the ropes for first 20-25 minutes of 2nd half didn’t hit a 2nd half wide until the 68th minute just after the two goals in a minute salvo that won it. Tipperary must have left about 2-5 behind them in the 2nd half with butchered goal chances and bad wides.

I think I’ll throw it on now

The decision not to give a free for that shoulder in the chest by JT4 on Callanan was hilarious, only compounded by Duignan’s hilarious attempts to justify the fact it wasn’t given as a free on commentary

Duignan - “Tommy Walsh is not a dirty player”

Wasn’t there some talk of them being out to do Callanan because they were unhappy about his shoulder (fair) on Brian Hogan in the league final earlier that year?

That shoulder was cowardly on Hogan in league final, certainly wasn’t fair. The ball was long gone and Hogan’s weight had shifted when Callinan hit him full on. Not to excuse the JT one in the final which was certainly a free and yellow

Eoin Kelly and Tommy Walsh hurling great stuff

I always loved Walsh’s reaction to the belt from Benny Dunne. Straight back up

Two lads going for the ball, Hogan got there 1st, far from cowardly, then again objectivity is not to be expected from you with regard to Tipperary.
At 3.56 below.

1 Like

He was one of the greatest of all time, and is an alright sort

Looked fair enough.

2 Likes

Woodlock was always a great man to bring the game to Kilkenny in these more physical games

It was.