All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Jude’s sevens or kilmacud?

Kilmacud.

I think he lives in choom now

Figured.
I remember playing the Jude’s seven that year. Flew ove in the morning thinking we’d get knocked out nice an early and go on the beer We blagged our way into it as “Lancashire champions”. We fluked a win against some crowd and made the knockout stages and played our last match at 4pm.
I remember standing at the bus stop with a few of the lads, sore from the tits down. Had four pints and slunk home to bed.
Sunday was epic though.

1 Like

Wexford have won it at the death.

2 Likes

Did Wexford go far that year in the Championship? Must have reached the AI final I’d say…

Excellent news.
As an aside, does anyone know if the Limerick Vs kk match is available anywhere? I’ve never actually watched it.

Further than KK anyway, surely?

2 Likes

They won their All Ireland that year, just not the actual All Ireland. I recall being at the Waterford v Wexford game in Nowlan Park back in the 00’s, Waterford won that game easy enough. Was that the same year?

Wexford beat Waterford in Nowlan Park in a Saturday night qualifier game in 2003. Larry Murphy came off the bench to deliver a Tour de France.

1973?

TG4 player possibly

You’re right @Bandage. The favourite on the night got beaten. Just couldn’t remember who that was.

Wexford beaten by Cork in the 04 and KK beat a well fancied Waterford team in the other semi. Cork then hammered the shite out of us in the final

let there be no bad word said about Joe Deane

I met him in a pub in Phibsboro one Saturday night after an international rules match between Ireland and Australia

A gentleman and a lovely tasty corner forward

He sniggered when we said Tipp were going to win :rage:

Cuntish

He was not in sniggery form when I met him. Perhaps he didn’t mean it or any harm, same as Nicky didn’t mean any harm when he was accused of laughing at Clare!

Nicky was after scoring in a Munster Final, Joe Deane was in a queue for chicken and chips.

1 Like

I’ve heard from quite a few people over the years that Joe Deane is a smashing bloke. Don’t mind @Mullach_Ide, he’s the angriest man on the forum. Everywhere he looks he takes offence and umbrage.

1 Like

2009 All Ireland Hurling Final on. Tipperary well on top first 15 minutes. A 1 point lead a poor return for their early dominance. Level now.