All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

The Cork 1990 hotel was on the DART line.

A few others off the top off my head:

1974: Dublin - Hotel Cill Dara (later the Ambassador hotel in Kill on the Naas Road)
1991: Tipperary - Burlington, Down - Burlington
1992: Kilkenny - Green Isle Clondalkin, Donegal - Grand Hotel Malahide
1993: Kilkenny - Green Isle, Derry - the Shelbourne
1994: Down - Burlington, Offaly - ?
1995: Clare - Burlington? (I think) - Dublin - think it was Jury’s Ballsbridge
1996 Meath - Davenport Hotel
1997: Clare - Burlington
1999: Cork - Burlington
Tyrone 2003 was Citywest
Cork 2010 was the Burlington
Dublin since 2011 the Gibson Hotel

I think Meath in the first Boylan era 1987-91 usually went to the Grand Hotel in Malahide.

Eir Sports? They were showing FC Biggles on both channels earlier.

I’d be disappointed if Hennessy wasn’t a Beamish man.

I heard they’ve been going around the market buying up anything they can find. They’ve a fuckload of GAA Gold lined up, won’t be long before they announce it.

Wexford 1996 - The Grand Hotel, Malahide.

There was a fantastic article about that Cork full forward line about 10 years ago.

I had a ticket to the Waterford banquet in 2008. One of the top dogs in the supporters club was by accident left without a ticket and I was asked to forego my ticket, which I did on the Friday before the game.

Sunday times.

Woolie tell you that?

My dad has the tape of the 91 MF draw and replay when I was younger. Used to watch it the whole time. Always stuck me how goal-orientated the Cork inside forwards were. It was like points didn’t interest them

1 Like

Tara Towers

Good guess but it’s not right.

I would like eir or TG4 to show Wexford v Offaly in the 2006 Leinster Championship. A baking hot day in Kilkenny and Wexford scraped home by 1 in an instant classic, 0-9 to 0-8.

2 Likes

Limerick’s 1-8 to 0-11 point draw with Waterford in 2009 has to be next. Limerick lost the replay but we regrouped in the qualifiers and got all the way to the All Ireland Semi Final before being edged out 6-19 to 2-7 against Tipp.

3 Likes

The fire officer wouldn’t let them show the replay which was a 6 goal thriller.

2 Likes

Was it north south east or west of the Tara Towers

No that was earlier. 2003 I think.

Sean

Yeah you’re probably right. Flynn was sent off in the drawn game and he wasn’t around in 2009.

You’re right. The 2009 replay was streamed on rte website