All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

I knew it would be Offaly, given the “lack of animosity” I presume the opponents were Kilkenny.

Those Donegal jerseys in 92 were fucking glorious. To think of the absolute rag they wore for their next win in comparison.

Steering away from specifics :shushing_face:, We didn’t exactly cover ourselves in glory either, the Offaly lads just had a serious edge in this department.

Wasn’t it after the semi that Cyril said “horses for courses”, before doing the exact same fucking thing in the final.

This is the semi/ final I was thinking of. I don’t think Cyril was much of a tactician. I don’t think we’ve ever had a particularly good tactician on the line, though I hold out hope for SON

was there many tacticans in hurling back then at all? Cork switches may have been more of a desperation variety rather than tactical, Ger C probably just bombed puck outs as far as he could and things clicked

Cork always used GCs puck out . Would have been insane not to .

I was at one too as part of a minor panel.

Canon O’Brien was a master tactician cc @mickee321

How did Wexford lose from here?

1 Like

Any other county and davy would have to answer questions

2 Likes

That wide by CMD was big

Which Wexford throw away is on tonight? Kilkenny 1991, Leinster drawn final 93, Offaly 98?

1 Like

Tipp subs all had a real impact

You get cut a bit of slack when you take a team from nowhere to Leinster Champions and so close to an All Ireland

From the moment Daragh Moloney said they were on the way to the all Ireland final they literally stopped playing. Right after chins goal. No point from play in final 31 mins of action was criminal. Considering they had about 1-15 on the board at ht and it should have been more

@Big_Dan_Campbell s old mate Steve Walsh on here. 1994 1st division playoff.

Some legends here. Ian Ormondroyd
Marco Gabbiadini, Tommy Johnson, Brian Carey, Simon Grayson

1 Like

Walsh scores

Walsh scores again. Just after a John Harkes miss for Derby