All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Unreal. Was thinking can’t imagine a Waterford sub ever doing that.

One of the best pieces of improvisation I’ve ever seen

Kilkenny really kept Limerick’s half back line out of the game.

I couldn’t believe KK held on tbh.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a replay of the kk v cork game

Yeah it just always seemed like KK would do it. Got their scores so much easier on the day

Seen Limerick lose too many like that over the years. Remember the '82 Waterford game @Fagan_ODowd ?

1 Like

Was that even a limerick ball?

A lot of the last 5 minutes taken up with rucks

1 Like

Ar foireail!

I honestly doubt it

I do indeed.

The curtain raiser to that game was a great example of Tipperary manliness

Didnt appear to be.

Limerick can have no complaints - can’t give a Kilkenny team a 9 point lead.

First 20 minutes from our perspective was a total disaster.

Completely. They went in cold and Kilkenny started like rabid dogs. 2007 all over again.

1 Like

Munster champions have a terrible record in A/I semis since the qualifiers came in. Will be interesting to see does the same trend affect the Leinster champions for the next decade or so now that Kilkenny are no longer bestriding it like a colossus

2 Likes

He was dropped by Cody in March. Riddled with injuries but a useful sort

I was under the impression eir had access to the entire back catalogue.

The GAA, in conjunction with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, have launched the GAA Digital Archive at Croke Park providing free access to past GAA matches to internet users around the world.

113 All-Ireland finals since 1961 are included in the archive and provincial finals from 1961 also feature. The new archive also includes All-Ireland club finals since 1989.

In all, over 500 football and hurling matches were retrieved from broadcasters and information such as date, result, venue, referee, scorers and teams and substitutions was added.

This might be useful to all GAA fans during this time of isolation!

https://www.gaa.ie/gaa-now/archive/

13 Likes

Galway won three Leinster Championships in the decade just gone and won each of their three semi finals as Leinster Champions, against Cork in 2012, Tipperary in 2017 and Clare in 2018.

1 Like