All Ireland Hurling Championship 2017

Your obsession is off the charts pal.

Give it a rest.

Ps it’s a lovely ground. Your advice was perfect re parking. Unfortunately I panicked when I saw the traffic, and didn’t take it. Parked on the road where everyone was parking. If I’d taken your advice it would have knocked an hour off the day.
A really good humoured affair all the same.
Just so’s ye know, I had an email from the Hanburys on weds asking were we all OK and not hurt in the Manchester attack.
Then another saying they had a spare ticket to the game which we were welcome to (I picked the email up too late)
My daughter was beside herself when John Hanbury came on, and spent the rest of the match pestering me about where exactly he was and what he was doing.
She left him a voicemail on the way home.

18 Likes

Ah flatty, I gave you the golden ticket about the car park! If you cant trust a strange fucker on the internet who can you trust?!

2 Likes

You did. You really did. There were garda all over the place and roads blocked. I did what any good galwayman would when the pressure was on and choked.

10 Likes

Nail/head

Joe takes a lot more abuse than he dishes out, like any forward. It was a lazy slap and deserved a yellow, nothing more. Tommy Walsh deserved a red for his slap on the biffo ref, but the biffo laughed it off as it wasn’t a strike as such. Face guards are there for a reason.

1 Like

Great post. The one big disadvantage that Galway have though is that they will not be tested until.the Leinster final at least.

With Tipp beaten, the one big disadvantage all Munster teams have is they won’t be tested until an AI QF or SF.

Going by that logic it should be ok to pull on a lads hand if he is wearing a hurling glove or break a lads shin if he has shin guards on.

It wad a straight red by the rule book. The fact it was Joe shouldn’t make any difference.He does ship more than his share of punishment but if a defender strikes Joe in the face with the Hurley the defender should and probably would get sent off.

I wasn’t trying to take away from Galway. But they now have Offaly which should be a bit of a walkover.
In terms of Munster maybe you are right. Next Sunday will tell us more about whether or not there is any substance to their hurling.
But then again I think it was you who said that the hurling won’t really start until the qualifiers get going which is on the mark.

There’s no way that was a second yellow. It was a real shame. I really like barry kelly but I’m surprised he sent him off there.
I didn’t see the canning incident clearly enough to see whether there was intention, but if it was a yellow, it was a red.

O’Callaghan’s second yellow was harsh but his first yellow was brain dead and easily avoidable. Given the way he plays it was always likely to come back to bite him

I think Kelly is a shocking ref. Slow, unfit and arrogant.

Anyway Galway were going to win regardless. They are a very impressive looking outfit. I think this could be the year tbh.

Henry reckons his momentum took into forde(?) after he’d screed. Roll eyes emoji.

Second one was an intention accident I’d say.

Flynn.

He knew full well what he was doing both times. I thought he did well to make the second one somewhat look like a tangle of legs and if he wasn’t booked previously he might have gotten away with just conceding the free.

Let the Tommy incident go chief. That’s baggage you don’t need

Galway were very average in spells yesterday. Whoever wins between Wexford & KK wins Leinster. I fancy Wexford myself.

1 Like

You’re trying a bit too hard mate

1 Like

Not a bit of it. I always call it as I see it. If we avoid Chipp in the quarters we may be back in the mix. This is a serious Wexford team. We played Laois twice in Leinster recently and got two big frights, barely getting over the line. No such problems for Wexford.

Lots of niggles and sore joints after the game yesterday on the hard ground. Davy, sorry Paraic, ran them into the ground in Portugal too. We’ll do well to have 15 fit first choice players for Saturday week. Take David Redmond as an example. One of our best players in the league and looks finished going by the first half yesterday. Davy, I mean Paraic, has them ruined.