All Ireland Hurling Championship 2017

McDonnell and Joyce were good yesterday. I don’t particularly rate either that highly (injuries have cost McDonnell a good bit of pace) but there is no one to replace either one anyway.

Kearney for Kingston is an obvious choice but they won’t change a winning team.

McLoughlin isn’t an inter-county half-back. Far too weak under high balls. Defensively Joyce is much better. McLoughlin is a midfielder and currently sixth choice behind the lads starting, Lawton, Kearney and Brosnan. If he is on the panel next year I’ll be shocked.

Conor O’Sullivan hasn’t been rated as a starter since he got destroyed that year versus Tipp. Killian Burke is third choice corner-back and after I’d say they’d play Joyce in the corner before O’Sullivan. They gave Griffin a lot more game time in the league. Two of Griffin/O’Donoghue/Browne will be the new corner backs for next year’s league. Then you have the likes of Niall O’Leary and Sean O’Leary-Hayes coming through as well.

Reality is that regardless of how the year goes the Cork bench will be very different this time next year particularly if the U-21s go on a run. Some clearly aren’t rated, some are close to thirty and they tried out a load of young players at the start of the year at with a view for the future.

Is cormac murphy even in the squad anymore? Don’t recall him being involved since he got sent off v KK. Prob not up to it but had a few moments in an average team the last few years

Still on the panel afaik. I’d have him on the bench personally but he is a hothead.

I wouldn’t hold that against him necessarily!

Fogarty is some gobshite

Ben o connor used to do it a lot as well

How old is Fogarty 12??

FFS they were lads doing it in the 70’s and probably before that.

That’s a really bizarre comment

Fuck you.

Well buc are you going Sunday

Sunday? I’ll be there to roar abuse at Clare and Tipp on Saturday

1 Like

good man the minor is at 1

As predicted back in April.

Commentators eye.

21 Likes

By god.

It’s the final the people wanted to see

1 Like

Outstanding call. Hope you put a sneaky few quid on that.

I’ll tell ye who wins the week of the match.

Wait till after mate I don’t want any spoilers

1 Like