All Ireland Hurling Championship 2017

I’d have Cork slightly ahead of Galway right now. It’s nearly impossible not to get caught up in their sexy brand of hurling. Fast and direct. Speed > Size.

Tipp are hovering in the background in a lovely position though. I’d go:
Cork
Galway
Tipp
Waterford
Clare
Wexford

Sure cork and galway are already in the semis and of course provincial winners will not play each other. are you on the moonshine again mike

2 Likes

You’d want to be an awful clown to think Galway and Cork could meet in the SF.

2 Likes

[quote="maroonandwhite, Are the semi finals an open draw or do you avoid previous matches there too?
[/quote]

You asked the question.

@ChocolateMice, who would you fancy in semi-final between Cork and Galway?

2 Likes

Galway have a lot of pace too. Pace, power, aerial ability, touch and most importantly, firepower.

The only real worry is the lack of goals but they’ve been racking up points.

Exactly , a good big one beats a good small one .

I think Galway have a better set of forwards than Tipp.

It’s definitely arguable, but I’d favour the Tipp ones at the top of their game. Galway probably in better form across the board.

Tipp have a better full forward line, Galway have a better half forward line

1 Like

My rankings after the weekend.
1 Galway
2 Cork
3 Tipp
4 Wexford
5 Clare
6 Waterford
7 Kilkenny
8 Westmeath
9 Limerick
10 Dublin

8 Likes

I see what you did there…very good. Thanks for ranking us above Dublin. You could have put the boot in but you are too kind…

BTW Paddy Power’s odds are pretty accurate

1. Galway 13/8
  2. Tipp 11/4
  3. Cork 3/1
  4. Waterford 5/1

16/1 bar

Cork will win fuck all else without two changes in their defense and at least 1 up front. The problem is they don’t have the replacements.

Who would you drop off the Cork team?

McDonnell and Joyce in defense and Kingston up front.

1 Like

Who would you bring in for McDonnell and Joyce out of curiosity

See above.

I don’t think Cork will win with these guys and I said they have nothing to replace them with ergo they wont win Liam unless of course Galway shit themselves and Tipp players have another go at the wife swapping.

Actually if Conor O’Sullivan was fit maybe. Also depending on who they are playing McLaughlin at wing back but still short on the quality to win Liam.

That’s a very cheeky top 10.

Glad we made it, though. :muscle:

I thought Joyce was decent tbh. McDonnell is good enough, but may struggle against a team who goes man to man.

Tipp definitely beat Clare and the other a close encounter but I just think Wex will sneak it.

Draw just affirms my belief Galway won’t have to break sweat this year.