All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Maybe but Waterford were in 9 of last 12 semi finals before this year, Tipperary 9 of last 10 and Kilkenny 19 of last 21. It’s quite a changed landscape with all three gone.

After his performance yesterday you would feel that Eoin Murphy is probably the only player outside the semi finalists in the mix for an All Star.

Murphy
O’Donoghue-Finn-Browne
Mannion-Morrissey-Coleman
Fitzgibbon-Burke
Harnedy-Canning-Duggan
Cooney-Conlon-Horgan

Daithi Burke, Aidan Harte, Colm Spillane, Bill Cooper, Tony Kelly, Mannion and Graham Mulcahy all not far off it either. You could make an argument for a number of forwards and even then Cooney is possibly lucky to make it but was effective against Wexford and Kilkenny in the group stages so gave him the nod. The semi finals and finals will go a long way to deciding it overall

Hes 2/5 for an all star with Boyles

That’s nuts, Nash isn’t too far behind and could have two more games to consign yesterday to the back of minds.
I find it hard to believe that Tom Morrissey isn’t in line for an all star

At this juncture I’d definitely have Colm Spillane in there, probably ahead of O’Donoghue. He’s been quietly excellent for Cork all year and has bailed Cahalane out on several occasions.

Would agree with most of the rest of it although Cian Lynch will be in the mix.

Has Duggan done enough to be there? I’ve only seen him 3 times this year and two of those against Cork where he was poor. The other against Limerick where he was decent without being outstanding…

1 Like

Pretty much every forward named has had at least one off day, probably due to the fact that they all played 5 or 6 games at this point. You could make an arguement for or against 10 or 12 lads in the forwards currently

TJ should be nailed on but won’t get one. I could see Eoin Murphy being forgotten about too

Spillane well ahead of O Donoghue id say

No way Duggan should be in there. The two poor frees against Cork were real drainers. For me he has a lot to do to prove himself as a top class consistent forward. I would have Morrissey there all day long.

I think it is fair to say there have been better performers than Canning and Duggan. Cian Lynch does more donkey work than any midfielder and is selfless for the team.

Duignan mentioned yesterday that he thought TJ followed by James Maher were the outstanding candidates for Hoty

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

The All Stars are only decided from today on lads, the last few months are irrelevant.

Christ on a bike
TJ is in danger of becoming a Mattie Forde, Declan Browne type figure

Poor TJ was born 5 years too late.

when Tom Morrissey scored that point yesterday it was done to silence on the airwaves. I’d say Duignan was puking in a bucket. When he finished he gave the score the praise it deserved

2 Likes

Duignan needs to be cut some slack. You could tell he was furious when Limerick equalised after the Donnelly incident but held it together admirably allowing only a small bit of seethe to show as his voice broke momentarily.

Kelly should be in there for me. Lots of complaints about his performances so far, but that’s because of the standard he previously set for himself.

What’s he scored in the championship to date?

Cian lynch has been excellent so far (except against Clare) and should probably be in there.

The race for the all stars starts now . Two good performances from now on will guarantee one .