All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

That’s why it’s insane to see a lad at 2 to 5 and he’ll be at home twiddling his thumbs.
It wouldn’t surprise me to see the all stars made up of what’s left now, you’ll probably have 10 or 11 from the finalists

I’d say Eoin Murphy and John Conlon have all stars now regardless of what happens the rest of year. Padraig Mannion probably too

Nash is probably the only keeper left that could change that.

Lynch certainly in the running.
Whelan also

2013 was the last year neither tipp or kk made it to the semis. What year was it before that?

1 Like

Conlon maybe . But at the end of the day if another 14 does better from now on who knows . Realistically there are 5 up for grabs as Joe is a cert .

I don’t think anyone is nailed on for an All Star, the 3 games to come are where the big players stand up and are counted (end cliché). If Conlon or Horgan or whoever have a bad game in a semi-final and go out, and there are big performances from other contenders, they’ll lose their spots.

2 Likes

It was ever thus . Not fair but there you go. Kieran Donaghy got one in 2014 based on 20 minutes as a sub in drawn semi and good games in replay and final .

1 Like

Richie Power should probably have got one in 2014 for 20 minutes against Limerick and two final displays.

Tickets for both semi finals available for purchase.

cc @gaillimhmick

Coleman has yet to really hit form this year. Kearney has been top class at half forward imo.

1 Like

I’m ok pal, season tickets

3 Likes

Actually you are right. Kearney was an oversight on my part. Would leave Cooney out to accommodate him

1 Like

roasters

2 Likes

Cooney isn’t even making the Galway team at this stage. (Conor)

1 Like

Even with that, @Big_Dan_Campbell still has too many Galway lads. David Burke has been in very poor form all year and Joe Canning is a shadow of his HOTD self.

The only Galway lad I would give serious consideration to (interestingly the one he left out) is Daithi, but sure one of these days someone will take him to the cleaners.

1 Like

In fairness I did give Daithi an honourable mention but as this weekend showed he was up against a lower calibre of forward in the Leinster championship

2 Likes

I would fear for him all right against the might of Munster hurling.

1 Like